Amazon.com and DeWalt tools

Discussion in 'Shop Talk' started by crafty2002, Dec 11, 2006.

1. crafty2002

crafty2002 Well-Known Member

Has any one bought tools etc from Amazon.con and are all of their adds for real.
    I was looking for a charger for a 18 volt DeWALT reciocating saw (sawsall) and everywhere I looked they were $50 and up until I hit the Amazon site and they have one for $11.99. :shrug:
    Is this a good company to deal with or a :nono: ?????????
    I have bought online before but never dealt with them. It just sounds like one of those (if it sounds to good to be true, it probably is deals) :shrug:
    :help: :help:

2. bare

bare Head Muderator

I get a lot of stuff from Amazon and have always been pleased. That's a good price on a 18v charger, could you post a link? I could always use an extra.

Often they will have used items listed too and some stuff even has free or reduced shipping.

3. bare

bare Head Muderator

4. morrowsmowers

morrowsmowers Well-Known Member

Watch when you buy from Amazon.com -- such as the link you show -- you are actually purchasing from an Amazon affiliated seller. I have bought this way before and most are good. One never sent the merchandise nor return any emails and eventually Amazon refunded the money. I have had a few who are slow shippers.

Ken in Glassboro, NJ :)

5. wilderness1989

wilderness1989 Well-Known Member

Check on shipping costs when you purchase anything from Amazon sometimes the SH can be outrageous. I've purchased many books from Amazon and have always been pleased with the service, merchandise, and quality. Try to buy from sellers that have a high percentage of good feedbacks. My 1¢ worth.

6. WisJim

WisJim Well-Known Member Supporter

I found that sometimes ordering through Amazon instead of directly from the seller, the price is cheaper from the same selling company. Also, sometimes shipping is cheaper through Amazon.

I will order through Amazon if the actual selling company is some outfit I am not familiar with--figure that Amazon is sort of guaranteeing the sale. Recently ordered a $200+ Fluke DMM, and 2 companies offered the best prices I could find through Amazon, better than on their own direct websites. Shipping was $7.90 through Amazon, over $25 on the direct site. Supposed to come by the end of the week, too.

7. crafty2002

crafty2002 Well-Known Member

I guess I goofed by not buying it the other day. Now the best price that I can find for the same thing is $26.99 :Bawling: I could have bought two of them and had change left over for that. I'll just keep checking.

8. copperkid3

copperkid3 Well-Known Member

+++++++++++++++=
    Might want to give Bare a ring-a-ding-ding.......bet that is where one of them went!!! :rolleyes: :dance:

9. bill not in oh

bill not in oh Well-Known Member

What the heck's a Fluke DMM? I might need one...

10. bare

bare Head Muderator

Ayup, like I said, too good a deal to pass up! Thanks for the heads up though!

::bare's hint of the day: Only tell folks about the good deals after you've placed your order::

11. catahoula

catahoula Well-Known Member

Sometimes amazon.com has free shipping too. I have bought many tools through them.