Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered all my farm animal seeds for next years crops. I'm not sure we will have shipping service next spring. With the possibility of Ebola spreading so bad I don't want to chance it. All my seeds are op so if its a good crop I will get to save some seeds. I also ordered double just incase it's not a good crop.
I have a cool area to store the unused seeds.
I already have the human seeds. Been good on that for a good long time. The farm seeds are so heavy to ship in.
What about you guys?

·
Premium Member
4,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I do too. For human consumption. I'm thinking ahead if I have to provide solely for the animals and no o e to buy feed from. I'm buying g the seeds that will give me the biggest and best amount per acre.
I have also been sitting thinking what cows we will be eating due to I can't sustain 10 cows and 20 goats myself. But I may have more acres in a few years. Who knows.

·
Premium Member
10,357 Posts
I ordered all my farm animal seeds for next years crops. I'm not sure we will have shipping service next spring. With the possibility of Ebola spreading so bad I don't want to chance it. All my seeds are op so if its a good crop I will get to save some seeds. I also ordered double just incase it's not a good crop.
I have a cool area to store the unused seeds.
I already have the human seeds. Been good on that for a good long time. The farm seeds are so heavy to ship in.
What about you guys?
You can grow humans from seeds?! :eek: Not to mention, I'll love to be able to plant one of them there farms from seed! :hysterical:

Sorry, I just couldn't resist! Seriously, though, I have seed laid in for many years of gardening, mostly OP, and have enough whole wheat and oat seed to grow feed for the animals, as well as provide all the wheat flour I could use in many years. I did that before the Ebola threat was on the horizon - SOP here. I sleep better at night knowing I can grow and store food. :)

·
Registered
724 Posts
You sure are not alone ! And am trying to get some for my families too. Farm store is wiped out except for oddball stuff.

·
Premium Member
12,772 Posts
i collect seeds every chance i get be it from store..my own..or others sharing with me.

some items i want are out of stock so i have things in my brain list for "if i ever run across".

·
Registered
6,727 Posts
I'm good on everything. I have some late peas growing now and I'm hoping I'll get to gather fresh seeds from them before a frost gets them. They are in a protected spot, but a heavy frost will probably still get thru to them.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
we don't have animals anymore, but I keep trying to save people food seeds. I buy heirloom and op, and have no luck. This year due to health and the weather garden was a bust. This was the first year we didn't have deer problems, go figure. I've always had a hard time trying to save seeds.

·
Premium Member
4,577 Posts
I'm cracking up here....when I read "animal seeds" I thought, "What, is he ordering chicks or something?" I was wondering what other baby animals you could order. Then when I read "human seeds", I thought, "What, are they having a baby or something?" :happy2:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts