Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The breadbox thread made me think, Could I be the only one that when I remove the twist tie from a loaf of bread and take some bread out, that dang twist tie has went AWOL,rather than spend the rest of the day looking for it,I grab that bread bag by the tail and spin it then tuck under loaf and lay it down? ANYONE ELSE? Eddie

·
Suburban Homesteader
2,558 Posts
Count me in too. Heck, I don't even misplace the fastener either ;)

·
Registered
6,727 Posts
I toss the tie as soon as I take it off the wrapper. It's so much easier to twist and tuck. :)

·
If I need a Shelter
21,625 Posts
Ok I save Twist Ties.:D

big rockpile

·
Premium Member
12,677 Posts
I bet if I dug around a little bit in my knife drawer that I could find some 30 yr old twist ties. Never ever throw em away.

·
Registered
4,341 Posts
The ties go in the garbage first thing. I do the twist and tuck thing also.

Am I the only one on here that thinks that the twist tie, if re-used, is supposed to be twisted clock-wise, NOT COUNTER CLOCK-WISE? Drives me nuts. Here I am, trying to untwist the tie, that shouldn't be on there to start off with, and the darn thing is twisted in the wrong direction. Makes me a little crazy. Don't people know that the laws of physics says that twist ties are supposed to be twisted in the clock-wise direction?:D

·
Registered
415 Posts
I keep very close track of twist ties. We have 3 cats, and cats are notorious for swallowing those things, which results in emergency operations and big vet bills. It's easier to just keep track of where I put the ties.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
I hate twist ties and toss them in the trash right away. Clothes pins work much better and don't get lost so easily. I use clothes pins on chip bags too.

·
Registered
415 Posts
I generally twist and fold here. In this old house their is a perfect drawer for holding bread in the kitchen. It can hold 2 loaves side by side. With some room at the back of the drawer. In the back there are always twist ties and clips!! Every now and then when I clean the drawer out I dump the excess!

·
Premium Member
822 Posts
are the work of some mad person to drive me insane. I am left handed so the tie is never turned in the correct direction. Off comes the tie, pitch, and to the spin but instead of tucking I turn the bag back on itself and slide it down over the loaf. Keeps it nice and tidy.

·
Premium Member
6,431 Posts
Ok I save Twist Ties.:D

big rockpile
OH MY WORD....me too! don't ask me why, and yes...have a drawer in the kitchen loaded with those evil ties. it's some sort of odd compulsion or something! so...if anyone ever needs a bread tie, I can supply the world many times over. lol

·
Premium Member
2,892 Posts
OH MY WORD....me too! don't ask me why, and yes...have a drawer in the kitchen loaded with those evil ties. it's some sort of odd compulsion or something! so...if anyone ever needs a bread tie, I can supply the world many times over. lol
I have a whole little pile of them in the corner of my utensil drawer.
I like twist ties on partial bags of frozen vegies, or fish sticks, I put back
in the freezer.
I gotta have 'em.:D

·
Registered
142 Posts
I remove the twist tie, put it in the 'twist tie holder place' and spin the bread and tuck it under. It's much easier this way than trying to find the blasted twist tie after my dh has just tossed it somewhere. Why don't they put bread in zip lock bags? :confused:

·
wendys_goats
398 Posts
but instead of tucking I turn the bag back on itself and slide it down over the loaf. Keeps it nice and tidy.
I do that too sometimes but when I'm into the bread it's generally when I'm making sandwiches for work and running around like a mad person trying to get ready so it is usually twist and tuck.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts