Alternative Cancer Treatment That is not Quackery

Discussion in 'Alternative Health' started by MichaelZ, Sep 13, 2017.

1. MichaelZ

MichaelZ Well-Known Member Supporter

Yes, stress is big. I periodically remind family members to help keep the stress down for my health sake and they do. Also going without needed sleep is stressful. Since I often wake in the middle of the night, I will go to bed at 9 if I can so as to get at least 7 total hours of sleep.

With regard to the cost of produce, I get mine at Aldi. If the cost is not too high I buy organic, but otherwise I just make sure to wash the produce well. My daughter, who has a weight problem, started eating more like me and was able to lose over 20 pounds. I buy produce once a week.

With regard to GMO food, the big culprits are soy and corn. These are used extensively in processed food and as feed for commercially raised meat.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2018 at 8:52 AM
    Alice In TX/MO likes this.
  2. Alice In TX/MO

Alice In TX/MO More dharma, less drama. Supporter

I am still reading about fasting. There are some references to fasting for cancer prevention. If I find any reference to treatmet, I will let you know.

MichaelZ likes this.

3. Alice In TX/MO

Alice In TX/MO More dharma, less drama. Supporter

4. MichaelZ

Great article Alice! I like to see articles like this done by university research groups or other credible parties to validate claims made. I would try fasting, but I don't want to lose any more weight since I would have all the people I know treating me like I was on death's edge - I already got a bit of that when I dropped 8 or so pounds when I went on my vegetarian cancer fighting diet. But I might try a short term water fast. From what I have read from credible sources, dropping off any extra fat is a good idea if you have prostate cancer, and my General Practice doctor thought so as well. And my GP is supportive of my anti-inflammatory diet, provided I keep a close eye on my PSA readings.

5. light rain

light rain Well-Known Member

Michael when did you get diagnosed and did you use any traditional treatment initially?

I was reading last night about how the Epstein Barr Virus is implicated in several diseases like lupus and types of cancer. The article I was reading said that in developed countries most folks have been infected by age 20. In underdeveloped countries most children by the age of 2 had been infected.

Curiously a heart drug called spiranolactone is found as of a yr. or so ago to inhibit the virus. It is being researched as an alternative anti-viral. I don't know if any of this info is helpful to you or others reading this post.

6. 1948CaseVAI

1948CaseVAI Well-Known Member

Spironolactone is a diuretic with a hormonal component. It causes you to shed water and can inerfere with hormones. It is most commonly given to women because in men it can cancel testosterone. I guess if a guy doesn't mind taking a chance on being basically a eunuch it is OK but when I found out what it was I threw it away and stayed away. I can take a different water pill. I suppose that since prostate cancer seems to be energized by testosterone there might be a value in taking it is that is your cancer.

7. light rain

1948CaseVAI, when I read your post I realized that I was not aware of the effect on testosterone. That being said if a diuretic can prolong and improve a life threatened either by CHF, cancer or lupus I would think trade off would be a no-brainer.

This research that I read about last night is still in the early stages so I don't when and if it will be incorporated into patient treatment. But it brings hope...

BTW, women are much more than the mammary glands they were born with and men are much more than their anatomical parts also.

8. MichaelZ

I was officially diagnosed with prostate cancer last June. The only treatment offered was surgery, which I declined. Surgery would guarantee 5 years, but after that, if I had the nasty type to begin with, the cancer would come back, according to the New England Journel of Medicine study that led to doctors no longer giving a psa test unless requested. But now that I know I have the cancer, I test psa on my own or at the clinic every 3 months or so.

Thanks for the information you provided!

9. light rain

Michael, thanks for the info. I hope that the steps that you are taking are successful.
    The information I share is an attempt to help but with no guarantees or ringing endorsements. In reality we are looking for illness/health answers just as you are and as a lot of other folks.

Where do you get the test for psa that you can do on your own?

10. MichaelZ

I use home health testing at about $30. Results are comparable to the clinic. The finger prick device does not work too well for me so I have my son who is studying nursing draw some blood. You can get syringes at a feed store - same ones used in a clinic. Turn around time to get results is two to three weeks. https://www.homehealthtesting.com/psa-test-p-36.html

11. light rain