Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That is the saying on a t-shirt the farmer bought on our trip to Steamboat Springs, CO this weekend. He is proudly wearing it everywhere he goes.

We also are proudly displaying a bumper sticker NO FARMS NO FOOD, as our lovely state is about to eliminate agriculture because of a water war.

What's your favorite homesteader/farmer/rural type slogan...........

·
Black Cat Farm
1,357 Posts
A friend gave me a t-shirt that I've never worn because I worry that it's a little inappropriate, but it IS funny. It's John Deere green and says, "Farm Hands Feel Better."

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Angie....yep......www.coloradowaterusers.com and www.prfw.org will tell the story.......and it ain't pretty. I am a member of both of these......I have become an activist.....have to........to fight for agriculture......I guess the wonderful big money on the front range thinks that local food just isn't important......their mentality is...... can just get food from some third world country........isn't that what Al Gore said some years back.......it's that same mentality.......kind of like sending all the manufacturing there, as well. Not wise......looking at globalism......no more sovereignty......no more middle class. We all need to wake up and see what is happening to our America......I finally did when it directly affected my way of living.

Two young naive messengers arrived on our property without permission and placed red tags on two of our wells, demanding that we cease to run those wells under penalty of law. Those wells provided the water to raise alfalfa that provided us with 1/4 of our income(we have complied with all requirements previous to this takeover). Our lawyer informed us that if we continued to run these wells we would face a $500 a day fine. We considered going ahead because that piece of land would produce $100,000 gross this year with hay prices as they are. However, the water courts might decide to make us an example and charge the fine as well as whatever we made over that fine. We feel like we live in a communist state.....private property rights are in danger, people, just be forewarned.

·
Big Front Porch advocate
44,851 Posts
I knew Colorado was a California extension when I saw the mind set in the 1977 - 1984 when I lived there. Also, being the 2nd largest govenrment area next to DC was a factor also.

So, they are selling you out.

I'll have to read more on this. I think you're the first person I "know" that is effected majorly by this non-sense.

Angie

·
CF, Classroom & Books Mod
9,934 Posts
"Farmers do it in the dirt"

and

"The more people I meet, the more I like my pigs"

I've ordered a tshirt for DH that says "She likes my farmer's tan" :)

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Just out of curiosity, Marilyn, were those wells registered? Wondering if a farm had several registered and several unregistered wells what would happen?

·
Nohoa Homestead
5,398 Posts
Marilyn in CO said:
Two young naive messengers arrived on our property without permission and placed red tags on two of our wells, demanding that we cease to run those wells under penalty of law. Those wells provided the water to raise alfalfa that provided us with 1/4 of our income(we have complied with all requirements previous to this takeover). Our lawyer informed us that if we continued to run these wells we would face a $500 a day fine. We considered going ahead because that piece of land would produce $100,000 gross this year with hay prices as they are. However, the water courts might decide to make us an example and charge the fine as well as whatever we made over that fine. We feel like we live in a communist state.....private property rights are in danger, people, just be forewarned.
And people wonder why I detest Colorado so.

donsgal

·
Nohoa Homestead
5,398 Posts
Marilyn in CO said:
That is the saying on a t-shirt the farmer bought on our trip to Steamboat Springs, CO this weekend. He is proudly wearing it everywhere he goes.

We also are proudly displaying a bumper sticker NO FARMS NO FOOD, as our lovely state is about to eliminate agriculture because of a water war.

What's your favorite homesteader/farmer/rural type slogan...........
I would love to know where I can buy these t-shirts.

There is one being offered by the FFA organization (you can google it if you want to buy), The front says.....

NAKED AND HUNGRY

and the back says:

"What we would be without agriculture"

Of course, I do not hold much with the party line with respect to big-business farming but it does get the message across.

donsgal

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
RockyGlen, yes ours were registered and the rest of ours are registered. If one doesn't have a registered one........I would keep it that way.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts