All spring orders have been placed!

Discussion in 'Countryside Families' started by Meg Z, Jan 6, 2007.

1. Meg Z

Meg Z winding down

I'm just bragging!

Here it is January 6th, and all my orders for spring have been placed. I'm soooo proud of myself!

I've ordered all the heirloom seeds that I can't get locally.
    I've ordered my new chicks.
    I've ordered the fruit trees, canes, and vines we're putting in this year.

I've also got the materials for my new gourd trellises ready to go.

Woohoo!

Now to get the light bank cleaned off and ready to start seeds!

Come on, Spring! (Well, I guess we need to find winter first, but just a week or two!)

Meg

2. RedTartan

RedTartan Icelandic Sheep Supporter

Oh, I'm jealous! I'm still drooling over catalogs.

This year I'm planning on adding 3 or 4 varieties of apple trees to my place. I'm taking out some badly overgrown evergreen bushes and landscaping with blueberry bushes instead. I have a half finished raised-bed garden that I need to finish, three small outbuildings to paint, possibly build my first chicken tractor, begin cleaning up my long-neglected woods, etc., etc., etc.

:) RedTartan

3. Ninn

Ninn Custom Crochet Queen

I'm so jealous!! I want berry brambles here but cannot put them in this year. There is just too much other stuff to buy! I want one of everything I see!! (all things in moderation, Lona) Guess I will just have to wait and see what does well this year. If I can fence in the back, maybe I can dress upt he fence with berries next year!!

4. menollyrj

menollyrj Joy Supporter

I have my list made, but nothing ordered until next paycheck... I could take the $$ out of savings, but it won't hurt to wait another 10 days or so. I've also e-mailed Martin (see HT Gardening forum) for some bean & tomato seeds. I also went through my pantry and decided that I don't need to plant very many tomatoes or green beans this year (or at least not the 2 1/2 beds of tomatoes & 1 1/2 beds of beans I did last year).

Isn't it fun to be thinking of the garden when it is cold (or supposed to be) outside? DH thinks I've lost my mind, planning a garden when it is barely January... But then again, he knew I was a touch crazy when he married me... :shrug:

-Joy

5. Cyngbaeld

Cyngbaeld In Remembrance Supporter

I ordered some ducklings, but don't plan to buy any more birds. I will be good, I promise! LOL (I got a friend sending eggs so that doesn't count! )

6. Meg Z

Meg Z winding down

<cough, cough> so are you sending the chicks back when they hatch out or what? :rolleyes:

7. Cyngbaeld

Cyngbaeld In Remembrance Supporter

Oh NO! But I'm sending her some Orloff eggs and turkey eggs and duck eggs in exchange! LOL