All right all you North Idahoans....

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by praise4him, Nov 7, 2006.

1. praise4him

praise4him Well-Known Member

Did the wind blow you away yet?
    I am off to bed and wanted to check in with you all. I was at work today at the doctors office and the phone went off about 11:00 am or so today. They were still off when I left tonight. The wind has been really bad and I am up in here at home (North of Rathdrum) and watching the trees bending over half way. At least it's not too cold of a wind.
    So check in and let me know how you are all doing out there?
    Blessings and prayers this weather changes soon!
    Jennifer

2. HydroDude

HydroDude Active Member

Windy but no damage here in Liberty Lake. I wish it would cool down and snow a bit. It is either warm and wet or cold and dry. Weird weather.

There has been a big orange glow along the mountain ridge between Liberty Lake and Post Falls near Idaho Road. Looks like a fire, but nothing reported on the news.

3. Ann Mary

Ann Mary Well-Known Member Supporter

I'm on the S. border of N. Idaho....just a little wind --but TONS of rain! Squish, squish!

4. Lisa in WA

Lisa in WA Formerly LisainN.Idaho Supporter

Oh yeah...at least we're getting some wind power since solar is non-existent.
    I keep hoping that the wind will blow dry the paddocks but the darned rain just keeps coming. I can't believe it was like 11 degrees a week ago and 60 degrees right now. CRAZY!

5. SquashNut

SquashNut Well-Known Member

I think we are getting all the rain we missed all summer. It's almost like being in a blizzard. Haven't left the house for days and it's not letting up.
    To much more and we'll need a row boat to go to the store.

6. bare

bare Head Muderator

Donno what's wrong with you folks, it's downright balmy up here on the Canadian border! It was sixty degrees all night long with gentle rain that reminded me of the Oregon coast. Didn't get the wind the rest of you did either.

7. mtmama

mtmama Well-Known Member

I'm close to the Idaho/Montana border, and I think its spring! The creeks are higher than they were in spring runoff and the Kootenai river is really high with logs and debri floating down! Hope the rain ends soon before we float away. But, can you imagine how much snow we'd have if it had been cold enough? We got alittle wind, but it was 55 degrees last night. Its been pouring rain for days with one day decent enough to hunt.

8. sisterpine

sisterpine Goshen Farm Supporter

Here in southwest montana the wind has been blowing and melting the snow for three days, the creeks are full and the snow almost gone. Today we have 45 mph winds from the west with 55 mph gusts....doing the happy wind generator dance we are! Realizing of course that every time this happens it is followed by cold and more snow...but what ya gonna do- be happy with both? The warm sure is nice on the old bones this time of year though. sis

9. chamoisee

chamoisee Well-Known Member

Not cold, but windy, yeah. Tough driving just after dark tonight.... :help:

10. praise4him

praise4him Well-Known Member

Ok...two days ago I think...I wrote this email. Now I have 2 inches of snow in my yard. So much for the pineapple express and 60 degrees. Now it's cold, and I have snow in my yard.
    WELCOME TO NORTH IDAHO EVERYONE! :hobbyhors

but we are snug and warm inside our home with our Kuma wood stove burning and keeping us nice and toasty warm. Nice to hear from everyone and I pray you are all safe and warm!

Blessings,

Jennifer

11. ThreeJane

ThreeJane Me Love Your Face

It was windy for a while, then it rained for a while, then it snowed, then it rained again...

And now we're under a heavy snow alert for this afternoon.

Whee! :hobbyhors