All My Seedlings Burned Up !!

Discussion in 'Gardening & Plant Propagation' started by Helena, May 9, 2005.

1. Helena

Helena Well-Known Member

Took all of my baby seedlings up to the greenhouse yesterday. I was so worried about it being still too cold for them but today it went over 80 degrees here in the mountains which is totally unheard of !! In the greenhouse it probably went over 100 !! Of course, I was at work and by the time I got home all my seedlings have been burnt to a crisp !! My poor babies !! So....I don't think I will start again. Guess I will be buying my plants like everyone else. I'm so sad. :waa:

2. GrannyG

GrannyG Well-Known Member

I know it makes you feel bad, but luckily it is still early enough to replant. I have my tomatoes,peppers,and strawberries still in the greenhouse, but they have a little shade,. We try to hard to save money and look what happens to us !At least we try. :)

3. steff bugielski

steff bugielski Well-Known Member

I di the same last year. I put my seedling out in the green house and forgot to put the heat on. They froze. So I started over, don't you know the first really nice warm day we had I was sitting outside saying how warm it was and tottaly forgot the plants, yep fried. This year my mind seems to be functioning so far so good.
    steff