Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
www.waltersgirlsfarm.com
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wanting to use albon for prevention of cocci and I forgot the doses. I know you start at 2 weeks but how much first day and so on.

·
Registered
24,108 Posts
This is off the Fias site:
Drug Name:

Sulfadimenthoxine

Brand Names:

* Albon Concentrated Solution 12.5%
* Albon Soluble Powder 107 gm pkg
* Di-Methoox Concentrated Solution 12.5%
* Di-Methoox Soluble Powder 107 gm pkg

* For treatment of:
o For coccidia, scours, pneumonia and misc. bacterial infections.
o Please click her for more info on Coccidiosis.
* Goat dose:
o Concentrated Solution 12.5% - Straight from the bottle; do not mix with water. Administer/Drench directly into mouth (do not dilute)
o Soluble Powder mixed as follows: dissolve one package (107 grams) in three cups of water. Keep refrigerated. Administer/Drench directly into mouth

Give Orally - Administer straight (no need to mix with any other liquids) into the mouth using a syringe (remove the needle). Do not just add it to the kid's water because you will not know if he receives the correct dose. Do not add it to his milk because the milk effects the potency of the drug.
# Five day treatment- you must treat the full five days.
* Day one: 1 ml per 5 pounds- given orally.
* Days 2-5: 1 ml per 10 pounds- given orally
* Coccidia prevention treatment:
o Treat kids at three and six weeks of age.
o Try to make sure that the kids don't poop, pee or walk in their food and water (virtually impossible).
* Notes:
o Albon is a broad spectrum antibacterial. It is also used to treat shipping fever, bacterial pneumonia, footrot & diphtheria.
o This works the best for us in the treatment and prevention of Coccidiosis.
o 5 packets soluble powder (107 gm) are equivalent to one gallon of Concentrated Drinking Water 12.5% solution

·
Registered
4,816 Posts
We have dosages up on goatkeeping 101 of dairygoatinfo.com Please make sure you know your mg/kg of the sulfa before you dose.

In areas where cocci problems are real, some places dosages would not touch cocci for prevention even. Make sure dosages come from folks using them and fecaling to know they work. Vicki

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
I use the following schedule:
treat at 18, 19, 20 days with valbazan on day two
treat at 38, 39, 40 days with valbazan on day two
treat at 58, 59, 60 days with valbazan on day two

1 - 4 of 4 Posts