Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are finally leaving for our vacation on monday. I am really looking forward to spending 2 weeks with hubby. Neither of us has had a day off of work yet this year. Well, I only work 5 days but he has been on 7 days.

I want to thank everyone who gave me info this past winter on what to do and where to go. Your input has really helped on planning this trip. Hope to be able to post some pics when we get back.

·
Homestead Dreamer
878 Posts
That's great! What part are you going to? I do so miss going there :(

Brandon

·
Registered
865 Posts
Wonderful! You are coming in great weather. The smoke is not very bad this year.
Are you coming to the interior? We will be having Golden Days in the next week or 2...can't remember when the parade is. The Tanana Valley State Fair will be from Aug 3-11th.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
kasilofhome said:
Where will you be.
We are going to Girwood, Seward, Kenai, Anc, Denali, & bac to Anc. I was hoping for a day trip to Palmer but not sure.
When I checked our confirmations just to be sure I ran into a snag. The car rental place said they made a mistake and I can't have the car for the last three days. When I asked what they planned to do they said they didn't have any cars left for me.
Then they told me to just call in on the day the car is due and ask for an extension. When I asked how much it would cost they wouldn't quote me a cost. I told her that was unacceptable as they could name their price since I would be hundreds a miles away and couldn't return it if the cost was to high. She said she would transfer me to someone and I was left on hold for over 30 minutes before I hung up.
Now I am thinking they just want to over charge me because it is the busy season. We I made the resevation for this car I was quoted less than $350. Now if I wanted to make a reservation anywhere it could cost me between $1500 and 2500 depending on the type of vehicle. UGHHH...
Might have to skip the Palmer trip and just stay in Anc for 3 days. That will mean taxis and busses. We are not staying close to town and this will make things difficult.
I do plan on trying agian to reason with them. I did offer to work with them but they keep saying it was a mistake. Well it wasn't my mistake!

I sure hope I don't miss my plane with the way my luck is.

·
Homestead Dreamer
878 Posts
Kenai's a great place. I spend all of my AK time between Kenai and Homer

·
Banned
10,456 Posts
The car rental place said they made a mistake

PM me as I live in the area and I will give you my Number if you want.

There is the Homer Stage Coach that people use.

Also How many in your group. (Brain cells rubbing)

·
Homestead Dreamer
878 Posts
Hey Home, if you're in Kasilof (and yep, I know how to pronounce it ;) ) then I've been near you many times driving back and forth from Kenai to Homer. I like to hang out in Anchor Point with some friends when I'm there too.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts