Alarming news on Drudge

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by painterswife, Oct 27, 2004.

1. painterswife

painterswife Sock puppet reinstated Supporter

2. 65284

65284 Well-Known Member Supporter

Link isn't working/page unavailable. How about a quick report?

3. WanderingOak

WanderingOak Well-Known Member

It was saying that 'a top federal source' had reported that a video tape in Pakistan had been found, claiming that there would be another 911 type attack within the US.

4. chickflick

chickflick Well-Known Member

Well DUuuuuuuuuuh!!!! How else can the gov enact Martial Law??... My bet's with Election Day, or just before.

5. sdrew

sdrew Well-Known Member

CHICKFLICK,......

Who's that behind you? Look,.. quick. Here they come. They're after you. RUN !!!!!! No, wait, get your gun. Oh my goodness,... they're everywhere. HIDE.

6. Shygal

Shygal Unreality star Supporter

Thats only if Bush falls behind in the polls :rolleyes:

7. Little Quacker in OR

Little Quacker in OR Well-Known Member

:) sdrew...very good! LOL A question...how many of you have bothered to learn about just how, where and when our country, along with dozens of others, is fighting this global war? It's taking place in about 100 plus countries on four continents. Can you name them? Do you realize that in every large terrorist attack that has happen in every county that these idiots are like bees? Each one can only sting once. After every action most all of the perps have been tracked down and killed or imprisoned.

Because of our administration these murderers have no home. Because of the pacts, truces and yes co operation between all of these other countries and the USA(no summits needed here. LOL)Al Queda has been kicked out of many places. In their own words "The screws tightened up right after 9-11, the gloves came off and we had no more war room, it had been blown up!"

Before you go off the deep end and go hide in your cellars do some learning.

Lots of people are working their butts off behind the scenes to keep us safe...and you know what...it's working!

LQ

8. Old Jack

Old Jack Truth Seeker

YOW!! Good one!

9. chickflick

There's no place to hide, and I'm not running. Why do you assume so much? If you choose to be a fool, that might be your misfortune. I just don't take kindly to yoru foolishness eventually costing all of the citizens their liberties!

I have executed nearly two years worth of study in order to come up with my 'ideas'; and all of it from mainstream news media. While I realize most people don't have the kind of time to do this that I have, there is still no excuse to attempt to belittle what you are just simply not aware of. Prior to the last two years, I have spent over 30 years researching in other topics related to the 'demise' of our country and it's constitution.

I'm simply trying to wake up others to some of these facts that stand to destroy our liberties, freedoms, and way of life. Pft. You know what they say.... "Pearls before Swine".

10. chickflick

WHERE have you learned? TV? IF you are reading vast quantities of media reports and have not yet bothered to put the pieces of the 'puzzle' together, maybe you could work on that. OR, better yet.. maybe you could TELL US all the details of which you Speak? (Yes, I know it'll be a long post, but I usually cite articles containing the Reasons for My Opinions, or give a link.)

Okay.... Where's Osama Bin Laden? And IF as you say.. once they strike they are incapacitated so to speak.. WHY is our media and gov using the ALERT system all the time. WHEN will it go to blue??? No Threat? Hmmmm??? Psy Ops, maybe?

Again, I ask as above. And to quote a good friend.. AL Queda is spelled "Al CIA da".

You may read my reply to SDrew, as well. You also assume too much.

I agree that lots of people are working 'behind the scenes' but I disagree that it is all for our well being!! Get your head out of the sand!

11. WolfWalksSoftly

WolfWalksSoftly Level II -Inappropriate

It's my firm, learned belief, that the only thing we have to fear are those who "control" us. All you have to do when ANYTHING happens is see who would gain, and then follow the money trail. The last thing I am worried about is an outside attack by some fanatic. I'm more concerned with increased prices of everything and the
    taking away of our rights, and the total disregard of our Constitution. Wont be long and we wont have a Constitution as we know it.

12. gobug

gobug Well-Known Member Supporter

I recently heard that those who test the airline security in this country are getting weapons and placebo bombs on board more than 40% of the time.

Kerry is quoting data (its not his) from another security group that says more than 90% of the cargo on inbound ships is unchecked.

Our boarders are easy to penetrate. Word has it that terrorists are working at getting in through Mexico.

There are more than twice as many muslims as christians. Most muslim nations think we are out to get them. Saudi Arabia's attitude about Americans has turned completely around and more than 90% are very angry with us.

Bush was provided with information about terrorists and their plans to attack us with airplanes 10 days after he took office.

Although Bush claims 75% of the leaders are gone, there is evidence of more than enough recruits to replace all that we dispatched.

Bush did not renew the ban on assault weapons. While some don't believe assault weapons represent a threat, Al Cia-da, has trained their recruits that they can be easily purchased in this country. Aren't most of polling places in schools??? Didn't the Russian terrorist act occur in an elementary school??? Didn't those terrorists just use automatic weapons and low grade explosives?

The terrorists next effort will likely be in several major cities across the country simultaneously.

Many of the first responders needed if an attack occurs are occupied in Iraq.

It will take 8 more years to integrate the intelligence systems of the different government organizations.

I got this information (except for the assault weapons paragraph) from an interview with former senator Gary Hart, who is a senior member of a committee that wrote the report at the end of the Clinton administration and presented it to Bush when he took office. They still inform the president and have been working with Kerry.

I agree with Chickflick. I don't trust that Bush's efforts are good enough to protect our homeland, and I don't trust your confidence.

13. sisterpine

sisterpine Goshen Farm Supporter

You tell 'em Little Quacker! I'm with you on this one.

14. mikell

mikell Well-Known Member

Bush did not renew the ban on assault weapons. While some don't believe assault weapons represent a threat, Al Cia-da, has trained their recruits that they can be easily purchased in this country.

Did you know if you wrap your hunting gun in black electrical tape it's concidered an assault rifle because it's been modified. Face it the ban was stupid and poorly thoughtout like most laws.

mikell

15. minnikin1

minnikin1 Shepherd

Terrorists didn't send a video tape warning before the 9/11 attack, and it doesn't seem likely that this time they decided to give us a heads up. It sounds like they are learning to play us with their own propoganda , use our media game just to shake us up before an election.

ON THE OTHER HAND

maybe they will attack? Neither Bush or Kerry is going to show up in the batmobile with spidy senses tingling and push the earth backward in time to save us all...

Rather than getting alarmed, or fighting over which politician is going to protect us, we would be far wiser to be alert, and be prepared.

This is a site where we are all basically united in our agreement that you can't rely on government or corporation for your own well being or needs.

How can we protect our own families to the best of our own ability?
    It's like waiting for one of those hurricanes that might come your way. All you can do is be prepared and wait it out.
    The question is, how the hell do we prepare this? I don't want to give the terrorists the power to alter my daily life with these threats. But really, I don't know what practical action I should take.
    Just keep homesteading, I guess. The better I get at it, the better off I'll be if it happens.
    And the better off I'll be if it doesn't happen.

16. Mid Tn Mama

Mid Tn Mama Well-Known Member Supporter

Please everyone--do you realize this is not really news from a reliable source?

The drudge report is not a real news agency with paid reporters who have an education, who are professional journalists.

Please read this about Matt Drudge before you become alarmed about anything he says:

"Drudge graduated 325th in his high school class of 350. His first jobs included the night shift at a 7-11, and selling Time Life books over the phone. He moved to Los Angeles 10 years ago, and then started 'The Drudge Report' in 1995. He was managing the CBS studio gift shop and thought it would be an amusing hobby to use the Net to relay the gossip he overheard. Drudge's declared aim is to give 'the American people' the information he believes to be correct or important, and to revolutionize the media industry with a breath of fresh, young air."

Anyone can say that there will be another terrorist attack and be correct--there will be. These are the times we live in and no homeland security can prevent it. Israel has the most intense security in the world and you can see what happens there.

17. gobug

gobug Well-Known Member Supporter

minnikin said:
    I'm not sure what you're referring to here. I didn't see that in any of the above posts. All the information I referenced came from a government committee on terrorism. Panic isn't the answer, but politicians' promises aren't either.

I don't believe GWB when he says we are safer, or Kerry when he says he can prevent the eminent attacks.

Nevertheless, your comments about preparedness are right on target. As individuals, we are pretty much powerless to do anything to help the nation be prepared. Keep focused on self sufficiency.

18. sdrew

sdrew Well-Known Member

Chickflick says: "I have executed nearly two years worth of study in order to come up with my 'ideas'; and all of it from mainstream news media.",.... hmmmmm,... Alex Jones infowars.com ain't even close to mainstream media,... just an FYI.

19. bgak47

bgak47 Well-Known Member

Alex Jones is an opportunist. He is exactly like a TV evangleists He makes his money from FEAR.

20. perennial

perennial Well-Known Member

I agree with those of you that said be prepared as best you can for yourself/family.

Because we live in a suburban city everything is close by. After 9/11 i realized i had "nothing" (food) in the house to sustain us for a while. That is when i started my food stores (now called the bomb shelf by hubby). The day that the govt said something about duct tape and plastic wrap to have it in case. Well hubby thought i was really crazy, my mom gave me great advice, buy it and put it in the basement, then you can not worry about it - and you have it for projects. Hubby still laughs over that today, but i figure if any disaster happens natural or not, he'll appreciate all i store (and we never run out of anything anymore anyway).

I believe none of us know govt or not when something will happen weather natural disaster or not. I think it's foolish to sit and hope that everyone of will be taken care of if anything happens. I do think we should show respect to the people that are TRYING to prevent these things from happening. I definitely think the odds of preventing something from happening is better than they were pre 9/11.

As for the media, they slant everything to make it a newsworthy story - to catch our attention, after all, that improves their ratings! The are just "marketing" their product - news.

I also think there are things being done about terrorists and threats that are undisclosed to us because sometimes people want the results but none of the fall-out or ugliness.