Homesteading Forum banner
41 - 60 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
4,892 Posts
Across the nation, one has to wonder why so many health care workers are quitting rather than take the vaccine. Just wondering.

Yes, especially because they have gotten other vaccines to have been doing the job at all. As keeps being brought up, vaccinations have always been a required thing. Why won't they take this one? Does make a person wonder.
Wonder about what? It's simple. #1. It's not an "anti-vax" issue. It's a hesitancy towards this one. It's new with no long-term studies to back it up. #2. It's been politicized. Many pushing for it, were telling people not to trust it before it was developed. What changed? The president. Now that Biden is in office, the Trump vaccine is good to go.

·
Registered
11,995 Posts
Part - only part - of the issue today is not just the lack of health workers, but the rules they work under. If this is indeed, a pandemic, why not set up new temporary ER and hospital rules to assist in helping those in need? Think outside the box.

My DD was a traveling cardiac critical nurse. Made oodles of money working at various hospitals around the country. She does that no more. Went back to school and got her Masters in Epidemiology. No longer practices at all. The stories she tells is shameful.

Reactions: po boy

·
Registered
3,169 Posts
Wonder about what? It's simple. #1. It's not an "anti-vax" issue. It's a hesitancy towards this one. It's new with no long-term studies to back it up. #2. It's been politicized. Many pushing for it, were telling people not to trust it before it was developed. What changed? The president. Now that Biden is in office, the Trump vaccine is good to go.
yes. I agree.
I meant one has to wonder why people in the medical field are hesitant about taking a medical intervention when they have already taken many in the past. But that is not to be discussed, in some places. It is that they are just being difficult and unable to "get with the program." "program"

ha!
:)

·
Registered
4,892 Posts
yes. I agree.
I meant one has to wonder why people in the medical field are hesitant about taking a medical intervention when they have already taken many in the past.
This one is new, though. They worry that it was rushed and that it's a bit experimental still. I've heard many say that they are waiting to see how it effects others.

But that is not to be discussed, in some places. It is that they are just being difficult and unable to "get with the program." "program"

ha!
:)
Probably has more to do with the people running the "program".;)

·
Registered
6,757 Posts
It doesn’t matter.
Someone will pop up to say it never happened.
Sad but true.
Funny. No one has yet. They’ve pointed out the outlandishness of the spin put into the headline, but no one has denied that the story happened.

…but, I guess once you’ve said it, you got the effect you were after, huh?

·
Registered
21,707 Posts
This one is new, though. They worry that it was rushed and that it's a bit experimental still. I've heard many say that they are waiting to see how it effects others.

Probably has more to do with the people running the "program".;)
Yes. It is indeed experimental and it bypassed the years of trials normally required. Those missed trials are now being done in real time. Some of what was said at the outset are proving not to be true in real life. The early illusion of immunity is now busted because lots of vaccinated get the virus. They didn't know how long the immunity would last but 'hoped' it would be a long time. Normal trials would have found that answer but we now know vaccine immunity wanes in just a few months. The early promise if protection from severe illness and death still appear to be partly true and more time will tell us more on that. Long term problems from the vax are still unknown at this point but we know some people have severe side effects or even die. The general response to that from pro vaxxers is usually 'it is safe for the vast majority' and that may be true but they brush off those who die or get severe reaction as 'only a few'. I guess that is okay as long as one of those 'few' isn't you or a family member.

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
I read that yesterday. That should not be happening. In hospital after hospital the employees are being worked to death, in some cases literally, by administrations that cannot properly staff their hospitals. Covid or no covid, hospitals all across the country are turning patients away because they are understaffed.

It will get worse before things get better.
No problem here. The hospital and also VA hospital will take a person in any hour of the day. I have been to the VA 4 times in the past 12 mos. with the delay in care. Maybe more people should come to S.E. Mo.

·
Registered
4,892 Posts
Personally, I push for people taking better care of themselves. About 2/3 of the money spent on healthcare is for preventable chronic diseases. Perhaps those demanding people get vaccinated can start demanding people lead a healthier lifestyle. That would free up a hell of a lot more staff and ICU beds.

Reactions: exodus

·
Registered
387 Posts
Were you also astounded by Fauci pushing things like 2 or even 3 masks which was certainly quackery?
Yes. Fauci should resign in disgrace.

It's sad when the best you can do is resort to insults. There are people truly uncomfortable with the vaccinations for various reasons and insulting their intelligence isn't constructive or helpful.
If you think that is an insult then you should see a dermatologist for your incredibly thin skin.

I understand there are people uncomfortable with the vaccine. I am uncomfortable with it. I dont demean reasonable people who choose not to get it. I encourage people to block out the talking heads from the far left (like the media) and the far right (like you can read here) and talk to their physician about their concerns.

The vaccine is the best tool we have to reduce likelihood of serious disease.

The vaccine has some incredibly rare serious side effects, and more common relatively mild side effects.

·
Administrator
20,245 Posts
Yes. Fauci should resign in disgrace.

If you think that is an insult then you should see a dermatologist for your incredibly thin skin.

I understand there are people uncomfortable with the vaccine. I am uncomfortable with it. I dont demean reasonable people who choose not to get it. I encourage people to block out the talking heads from the far left (like the media) and the far right (like you can read here) and talk to their physician about their concerns.

The vaccine is the best tool we have to reduce likelihood of serious disease.

The vaccine has some incredibly rare serious side effects, and more common relatively mild side effects.
More insults. My skin is not thin at all, I just don't think that dismissive comments and insults further the cause or foster dialogue.

I've have vaccinated and unvaccinated friends and each one of them has a very personal reason for following the path they chose and neither deserves the contempt of others.

·
Registered
6,757 Posts
It is astounding how many healthcare workers push things like essential oils and other quackery.
That is a perfect illustration of the arrogance that breeds so much disdain for the medical trade of late. There is a lot that can be said for natural remedy, and the old-school wisdom has brought comfort to the ill for thousands of years.

Devotees of the Church of Science!(tm) like to say that science is an ongoing, objective pursuit of knowledge, but, all too often, carry themselves like they believe that body of knowledge is a steady-state at its pinnacle.

·
Registered
7,671 Posts
Would it be arrogant for a professional gunsmith to tell customers not to use essence of rose hips to better lubricate their slide? Or lavender oil on their front site to improve their aim?
Only if they haven't tried it.

41 - 60 of 99 Posts