Air wells, dew ponds, etc -- anyone here ever built one?

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by DenverGirlie, Aug 30, 2006.

1. DenverGirlie

DenverGirlie Well-Known Member

http://www.rexresearch.com/airwells/airwells.htm

My boyfriend came home last evening and was all excited about these air wells for gathering water from the air.

As we all know, water rights/ access is often an interesting challenge when purchasing new property, etc.

Has anyone on these boards ever have any expereince with these? We are not in a poistion to do anything right now about these ideas, but would be interested in discovering what some real likfe feedback might be.

thanks

2. MELOC

MELOC Master Of My Domain

very interesting read...thanks.

3. moopups

moopups In Remembrance

In beautiful downtown Sticks, near Belleview, Fl.
    There are two methods that have received great study, one involves a conical pile of dark stones over a hollowed base. The rocks gain heat and at dark their cooling causes condensation which is gathered at the bottom of the pile. All the rocks need to be the same size so there can be air flow.

The second method involves a buried tubbing that goes into a half buried chamber for air to flow to; then there are stainless steel condensation gathers that drip into a catch basin. The air exit is painted black to promote air movement, via rising heat.

4. agmantoo

agmantoo agmantoo Supporter

If you want to be assured of having water I would suggest an alternate means. I have read of very elaborate efforts in attempts to gather water as you referenced but ended in disappointment