Ahh..Christmas in the city...

Discussion in 'Countryside Families' started by Deb862, Dec 23, 2006.

1. Deb862

Deb862 Well-Known Member

Just got back from local Wallyworld and, as expected, it is a madhouse. We live in the suburbs of a large city and there are people everywhere! Luckily, I only need a few things for dinner so used the "20 Items or Less" lane. Suddenly, in front of me this guy starts literally SCREAMING at the woman in front of him because she has, get this, 22 ITEMS! :shrug: I just could not believe that. I mean, really, 22 items and he then proceeded to count them for everyone. Some Christmas spirit there, huh! Have I mentioned lately that I can't wait to buy our place in the country?!

2. Ardie/WI

Ardie/WI Well-Known Member Supporter

Some people are terribly stressed out right now.

Actually, yesterday we were at Wal-Mart and it wasn't too bad. In fact, the people in all the stores were friendly and talkative. I had a good time with one man as I went thorugh the store. At one point he said that we really had to quit meeting this way. It's just silliness but it makes shopping fun.

3. countryheart

countryheart Well-Known Member

I finished getting everything I needed yesterday after work. I would not try to go shopping for Christmas now. I hate crowds. I have had very good experiences Christmas shopping this season. Most everyone seemed to be in good moods and tried to be patient.

Countryheart

4. donsgal

donsgal Nohoa Homestead

I had to zip by the grocery store last night about 11 pm and I was really surprised by what BAD moods all the other shoppers seemed to be in.

donsgal

5. midwsthomestead

midwsthomestead joy seeker

I spose, as always, it just depends on individuals....both yesterday and today we had pleasant, fun shopping experiences both with fellow shoppers and cashiers/workers at several different stores. Alot of fun, as a matter of fact--that husband o' mine mentioned it a time or two as did I. The kids were simply deliriously joyful lol.

~~Merry Christmas~~

6. Ninn

Ninn Custom Crochet Queen

Small towns are not much better. Our local Dollar General has been so busy that everyone is working double shifts. One young lady is working her very first retail season. She is so concerned about the job being done well and the customers getting what they need that she has skipped all her breaks and meals. Yesterday, when I got up to her register, she took a good long look at me, said Thank God and proceeded to collapse into my arms. She hadn't eaten all day, had drunk no water or juice; only carbonated stuff-very dehydrating. She turned red, hyperventilated and nearly fainted. Her manager arrived a few minutes later and took her outside. She is ok now, but will need a few days to recuperate. She had a panic attack because there were so many customers in the store that she hadn't gotten to!! Poor little thing was afraid of getting fired if she didn't make everyone happy immediately. Next year, she will be working retail, but she will also take anti anxiety medication.