Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
7,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:LOL: :unsure: :ROFLMAO:

A former senior FBI counterintelligence official who spearheaded the Trump-Russia probe was arrested and charged over his own alleged ties to a sanctioned Russian oligarch amid the war in Ukraine.

Charles McGonigal, the former special agent in charge of the FBI’s Counterintelligence Division in New York who retired in 2018, is charged with violating U.S. sanctions by agreeing to provide services to Oleg Deripaska, a sanctioned Russian oligarch. He was charged alongside Sergey Shestakov, a former Soviet and Russian diplomat who later became a U.S. citizen and a Russian interpreter for courts and government offices, through a five-count indictment unsealed in Manhattan federal court Monday.

McGonigal and Shestakov both were arrested Saturday. The indictment is a rare move by federal prosecutors to bring charges against a former senior FBI official before a federal grand jury.

· Registered
10,414 Posts
Perhaps the Cartel is beginning to crumble. But I won't be holding my breath.
That’s smart.

Considering that this is the very agent who was the pointy end of the spear in a USDOJ weaponized against a sitting president for four years, being charged with doing exactly what he was accusing that president of but was never able to show even the slightest evidence, this should be the Crime and Punishment story of the year, complete with courtroom coverage and near-constant prime time news coverage… but it won’t be.

It won’t be because this is somehow (d)ifferent. The side in charge of our justice system and media, and the Tinmen who follow said media have absolutely no sense of shame or hypocrisy, and not an ounce of integrity.

No, this story has largely been told-out, and we won’t hear much more of it after today or tomorrow.

· Premium Member
23,117 Posts
That’s smart.

Considering that this is the very agent who was the pointy end of the spear in a USDOJ weaponized against a sitting president for four years, being charged with doing exactly what he was accusing that president of but was never able to show even the slightest evidence, this should be the Crime and Punishment story of the year, complete with courtroom coverage and near-constant prime time news coverage… but it won’t be.

It won’t be because this is somehow (d)ifferent. The side in charge of our justice system and media, and the Tinmen who follow said media have absolutely no sense of shame or hypocrisy, and not an ounce of integrity.

No, this story has largely been told-out, and we won’t hear much more of it after today or tomorrow.
Exactly.

DH mentioned this story to me yesterday. I said, "Ha!" but really didn't get worked up or excited.

This isn't the first time the liars have been proven to be what they are. Won't be last time, either.

And the result will continue to be the same: crickets.

· Registered
7,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea. It's starting to look like they see the writing on the wall and now they're going to take a few people down so they can pretend to have credibility. And the same people who believed them before will believe them now.

· Sock puppet reinstated
28,897 Posts
I wonder if he was working for Deripaska during the probe? Did he bury information? I guess the trial will spread more light on his misdeeds.

· Still an :censored:
15,975 Posts
Yea. It's starting to look like they see the writing on the wall and now they're going to take a few people down so they can pretend to have credibility. And the same people who believed them before will believe them now.
The FBI has been rife with incompetence and corruption for a very long time.

You're right. Many don't have a clue and don't care.

· Registered
7,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I wonder if he was working for Deripaska during the probe? Did he bury information? I guess the trial will spread more light on his misdeeds.
Obviously they need to look into it, and sadly if there is something there, it's probably the only reason they're looking into him at all, which says more about them than it does about him or Trump...

Of course if you read the articles you'll find some other information that doesn't look great... But sure, focus on Trump... :rolleyes:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts