age spots

Discussion in 'Alternative Health' started by neolady, Nov 19, 2006.

1. neolady

neolady Well-Known Member

For lack of a better term - anybody have any natural, non-chemical treatments to help reduce the brown colour of age spots (I think they are also called liver spots). I'd sure like something for the brown spots on my hands and don't want to use the chemical treatments.

2. Puddin

Puddin Well-Known Member

I know this is going to sound drastic, but....
    I'm a soaper, and by accident, I discovered that the lye water rids me of those brown lil age spots. The pain isn't severe, since the skin is intact, and I rinse the lye water off my skin within five minutes of putting it on. I make sure the lye water doesnt' touch normal colored skin at all. I know this is chemical, which you didn't want. I've been watching this thread, wondering if someone had a better way of doing this, it would appear there isn't, evidenced by the non replies to your thread.
    As well, with my reply, I should be bumping your question to the top again. Perhaps someone will come along with a reply that would appeal to one or both of us.
    Gloria

3. anniew

anniew keep it simple and honest Supporter

Since the age spots are mainly sun damage, putting some sun lotion on year round can at least stop the progress and number of spots.
    A dermatologist said that the lotions could also diminish some spots also...but must be used all year.
    Ann

4. largentdepoche

largentdepoche Well-Known Member

I've read about rubbing lemons (or putting on lemon juice with a cotton ball) on the skin gets rid of the spots. I can't atest to it though.

Katrina

5. connie in nm

connie in nm Well-Known Member

I'm putting castor oil on mine and it gradually fades them. Of course, more and more keep popping up as I get older. Have just been doing the backs of my hands, but may need to do my arms as well!

6. Ardie/WI

Ardie/WI Well-Known Member Supporter

Mixemon juice and milk equal amounts and apply to the skin. Let dry and wash off. Takes months.

I have another one but it isn't organic.

7. Tricky Grama

Tricky Grama Well-Known Member

8. Ardie/WI

Ardie/WI Well-Known Member Supporter

I meant lemon juice.

9. MOJILL

MOJILL Well-Known Member

I just saw this thread. Was looking at my big brown spot that seems to get bigger every year.......(it's on my face.......:( )

I had heard lemon but hadn't tried it yet.

I'm a little nervous about the lye........although sounds like it works.

Castor oil? May try that.

But I've tried both normal commercial (i.e. Mary Kay) and Natural (NuWays) ointments and none have worked.

Jill