Age of Kid Q? HURRY!

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by chickflick, May 8, 2004.

1. chickflick

chickflick Well-Known Member

Help.. got this one at the sale!!:):) (baby goat i.e. 'kid')

Um.... umbilical cord is gone but still has a tiny little 'scab' of it left on tummy.... Age estimation, please; and how long will I have to bottle feed??????????????????
    ThankYOU!!! :worship:

2. uncle Will in In.

uncle Will in In. Well-Known Member Supporter

It's seven and one half days old and he'll need the bottle for another thirty five and a half days.
    Subject to adjustment.

3. K. Sanderson

K. Sanderson Active Member

Actually, if you just figure on botle feeding for another two months, you'll be safe. Don't cut the kid off too soon, as the rumen needs time to develop before it has to subsist entirely on roughages.

Kathleen

4. chickflick

chickflick Well-Known Member

MORE HELP! LOL!! Um.... :eek: on closer inspection.... (this is a little Spanish mini goat boy) um... he seems to be sprouting testicles.. about an inch.. and horn buds.

Any more help on age? He isn't interested in bottle,, took a suck or two, then back to muching .. Hmph!! :confused: Seems no worse for wear. Guess I'll just watch him closely for the next few days and try to make sure he doesn't starve to death!! (Wonder if he's sneaking a bit of milk from the female in the pen??) But she just looks pregnant... Eeeeeeeeee.. none of this is making sense!! :waa: