After quitting smoking.....

Discussion in 'Alternative Health' started by Jerngen, Dec 23, 2006.

1. Jerngen

Jerngen Perpetually curious! Supporter

I thought I saw a thread somewhere (was thinking here but I can't find it) about different things you can do after you quit smoking to help your body get rid of the build up of nicotine and toxins etc.
    Just hoping someone can help me out! :) Thank you

2. Kee Wan

Kee Wan Well-Known Member

Vitamin C is probably your first line of defense. It's absolutly necessary. Start with 250 - 500 mg 2x a day and work up to tolerance. Taking a cou[ple of grams a day isn't going to hurt - but it may cause some initial symptoms....If you get the runns - just back down. Get a good quality suppliment. All vitamins are NOT created equal.

Mg supplimnetation is also necessary - smoking probably depleated your Mg. Get a Mg citrate suppliment - NOT oxide - oxide is only about 4% bioavailable whil ethe citrate is almost totally available. Somewhere in the meighborhood of 400 mg of mg citrate a day is a good place to start.

After that, sweating is probably a good idea...anythign that mobilizes the toxins and helps to escor thtem out - like excercise.

HANDS DOWN the best book I've eer seen that deals with this is "Detoxify or Die" by Dr. Sherry Rogers.

3. Milkwitch

Milkwitch Well-Known Member

drink water. water. water. Avoid coffee. coffee actually contains large amounts of nicotine.

4. mama2littleman

mama2littleman El Paso

Umm ... NO! Coffee does not contain nicotine. Coffee may act as a trigger for smokers becuase of the association most smokers have concerning a morning cigarrete and a cup of coffee.

5. mama2littleman

mama2littleman El Paso

Epsom salt baths. I have heard anecdotal evidence of them being helpful.

Nikki