ADGA questions Registering doeling

Discussion in 'Goats' started by crowinghen, Sep 2, 2006.

1. crowinghen

crowinghen Well-Known Member

Hi!
    I have a doeling that I need to register. I'm new to registered goats so I need some help here :) Her dam is registered ( as well as her sire) and I have a service memo for the breeding.
    Do I need to become a member of the ADGA? If so can I choose my own herd name and tattoo? Are there any special things I need to consider as far as either of those things ? If my daughter shows the goats in 4-h or Open shows does she need to be on the registration?

That's all the questions I can think of right now, but I appreciate the help in advance.

Susie

2. goatedintoit

goatedintoit Truly Gems ADGA Nubians

The easiest thing to do is go to the ADGA.org website, get the contact number and call. They are pleasant and very helpful right over the phone.

I've had some tricky questions regarding pedigree and my questions were answered in a manner that even I could understand. :rolleyes:

3. moonspinner

moonspinner Well-Known Member

You do not need to be an ADGA member to register your doeling (I'm assuming both parents are ADGA registered?). If you are going to be into showing though, I'd advice joining up. Yes, if you become a member you can choose your herd name and tattoo sequence. You'll have to obviously select a name and tattoo that isn't already taken.

4. goatkid

goatkid Well-Known Member Supporter

You don't need to be a member to register a goat. If you plan to breed and register more than one or two goats, however, I would suggest becoming a member, as it costs non members twice as much to register their goats. Member's kids can show goats registered to their parents in ADGA shows. You'd have to check with your 4H leaders to know their requirements. The goats entered in our 4H shows don't even need to be registered.

5. Wendy

Wendy Well-Known Member

If you put the goats in your daughters name & join ADGA it will be cheaper. She can get a junior membership.