Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
TMESIS
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever gone to the acupuncturist? What did you have worked on? What kind of results did you get?

I have a friend who is going and is having several things worked on, one being increase energy, get off of HRT and the other is her frown lines. I have bulging discs in my neck that cause shoulder pain and sometimes a little tingling in my fingers depending on what I've done and I also have allergies. She swears they cured her migranes about 10 years ago and her boyfriend's allergies just a few months ago. Your thoughts?

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
I don't know about those issues but my dog has done accupuncture and had really good results. He has wobblers and was unable walk without help, they combined steroids, herbals, and accupuncture. The most telling visit was when he was letting his front right paw roll under as he walked in...and walked out looking very normal.

·
Registered
988 Posts
Acupuncture works very well for numerous health issues. I have gone for HBP and my knees and it did help, although to really benefit I needed to keep going on a regular basis but was too expensive. The thing to remember about acupuncture is that is works with the subtle energy systems of the body......with blocked energy and excessive energy to the different body systems. I do think at least some basic understanding of this theory would be very helpful.

If I had bulging discs, tingling fingers and allergies, I would see a natural nutritionist and a massage therapist(one who is nationally certified). In my line of work(natural health professional)......bulging discs are indicative of lack of digestive enzymes and a compromised digestive tract, tingling fingers might be pinched nerves or tight muscles or heavy metal in the body.........and allergies are connected again with digestion and the immune system.

Acupuncturists are like anything else.....there are good ones......bad ones......and anything in between.........acupuncture itself, of course has been around for centuries and has proven itself by that fact.......finding a good acupuncturist is the trick.

·
Registered
3,567 Posts
I had arthritis pain so bad in my hips , legs and feet so bad for the first few months of this year I couldn't get out of bed. I start seeing an acupuncturist for treatment/whis included lasering these areas. first time, no pain for 4 da., 2nd time no pain for a week, 3rd time no pain for 2 mos. I'm due to go back the 20th. When you get in that much pain you will try anything. What the laser treatment does is seek ou the mitochrondia in your cells and alter that. that's why it last so long. Made sense to me.

·
TMESIS
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you all.
Marilyn,
I believe this acupuncturist also does massage therapy. I've never heard of the digestive tract being connected to the bulging discs. Interesting. The disc problem started when I tried to move a piece of furniture about 10 years ago. MRI's confirmed the disc issue. I go tomorrow to the acupuncturist, for a 30 -40 minute consultation so I'll see what he has to say.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts