Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
winding down
3,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any active duty, or spouses of active duty, that are on here...or is it mostly retired folk who can now homestead?

Just curious. We've started our homestead, but hubby is still active. He's got 26 years in, and heading for thirty. Anybody like us out there?

Meg

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Quite a few. I've never seen service myself (didn't win THAT lottery back in 1969), but at least one moderator (on the "Freedom! Self Reliance" forum) is active and O/S. There are other extremely active contributors who are actively serving, and of course Chuck, our Admin, was active in O/S warzone about a decade and a bit ago.

·
Registered
11 Posts
My dh is AD and in the Army. He's stationed at Bragg. We bought an old tobacco farm & 8 acres that we've been renovating for about 3 years. He's gone so much I don't think it will ever be done...lol!

**Rachaelle**

·
winding down
3,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
RachL,
We are also at Bragg. Man, if you're on the south side of town, perhaps we could get together and have an available 'farm sitter'! Or maybe just a like-minded friend....
Meg

·
Registered
11 Posts
That would be great! We live in Raeford.

**Rachaelle**

Meg Z said:
RachL,
We are also at Bragg. Man, if you're on the south side of town, perhaps we could get together and have an available 'farm sitter'! Or maybe just a like-minded friend....
Meg

·
winding down
3,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Rachaelle,

I pmed you. It's the first time I've tried that, if it doesn't work, let me know.

Meg

1 - 6 of 6 Posts