Active duty...

Discussion in 'Home Defense/Guns' started by Meg Z, Jun 21, 2004.

1. Meg Z

Meg Z winding down

Are there any active duty, or spouses of active duty, that are on here...or is it mostly retired folk who can now homestead?

Just curious. We've started our homestead, but hubby is still active. He's got 26 years in, and heading for thirty. Anybody like us out there?

Meg

2. Don Armstrong

Don Armstrong In Remembrance

Quite a few. I've never seen service myself (didn't win THAT lottery back in 1969), but at least one moderator (on the "Freedom! Self Reliance" forum) is active and O/S. There are other extremely active contributors who are actively serving, and of course Chuck, our Admin, was active in O/S warzone about a decade and a bit ago.

3. RachL

RachL Member

My dh is AD and in the Army. He's stationed at Bragg. We bought an old tobacco farm & 8 acres that we've been renovating for about 3 years. He's gone so much I don't think it will ever be done...lol!

**Rachaelle**

4. Meg Z

Meg Z winding down

RachL,
    We are also at Bragg. Man, if you're on the south side of town, perhaps we could get together and have an available 'farm sitter'! Or maybe just a like-minded friend....
    Meg

5. RachL

RachL Member

That would be great! We live in Raeford.

**Rachaelle**

6. Meg Z

Meg Z winding down

Rachaelle,

I pmed you. It's the first time I've tried that, if it doesn't work, let me know.

Meg