Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I made a mistake...how big is it? Tonight I was breeding rabbits. Some how I got mixed up in my head and re-bred a doe that was bred 4-days ago. She lifted for the buck 2x's.

I keep pristine records (doe cards, calenders and even an excel spreadsheet). I just grabbed doe A instead of doe B by mistake.

What is the "potential or actual" repercussions? If she took both times...does she have / could she have 2-sets of babies growing?

On a happier note...tonight I made my 1st large sale. I sold 4 breeding does (2 w/kits), a Sr buck and some 7 week old weaned kits. I have sold a fryer here and there, but now with 3-Benjamin's in my pocket I feel like this is more of a business than an expensive hobby. Hopefully this starts / continues to be self-sustaining...

·
Premium Member
2,062 Posts
Double pregnancies have mostly been proven to be myth. The only problem is you have a less exact due date because she might not have taken the first time. You'll have to put the nestbox in based on the first breeding and if you don't get kits right away leave it based on the last breeding. That increases the risk of things like them soiling the box because they aren't ready to put kits in it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts