Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Meh. Got stuck up to the rear axle in sand yesterday. I didn't hot dog it -- tried for about thirty seconds to get out and then got somebody to yank me out with a tow strap.

My AC blower motor is no longer working. I do not understand how getting stuck equals a dead blower motor unless it sucked dirt. Both front tires were on pavement. I dunno.

Checked all the fuses, etc. They all look good. Is there anything really obvious that I could do before taking it to the shop? It's out of the factory warranty and the extended warranty has a $100 deductible, so if there's anything stupid and simple please tell me. And am I right in thinking the blower motor itself, if it fried, is in an inacessible location behind the dash and is probably not a home-repair job for someone with serious back trouble? I haven't yet gotten a chilton's for this truck.

(It's forecast to be 112 today, and plus 110+ the rest of the week. AC is kindof critical when you have a 50 mile commute one way in those temps.)

·
Premium Member
3,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update: Turned out to be a wiring harness had burnt out. Annoyingly, I had the same thing fixed under warranty 10 months and 18,000 miles ago. Feh. You'd think a part like a wiring harness would last longer than that. The dealership was perfectly candid in that they see the same problem over and over again, but no, it's not a recall, and yes, I had to pay for the new parts.

Grrr.

I'm less than thrilled with this truck -- I've had repeated issues with the rotors warping as well, for the brakes. It's not a driving error thing -- I had a jeep with 230K miles on it and a S10 with 155K miles on it when I sold them, with the original rotors, never even turned once, on 'em. And at 43K miles the engine just doesn't sound 'right' and it misfires sometimes when the engine's working hard (like climbing a hill with a heavy load) but the dealership can never duplicate the problem.</vent>

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
It seems that the Chevy and GMC trucks after 2000 have had some big issues. I've had the rotor problem on my 02 Sierra, along with four fuel pump failures, two transmissions etc. My 90 Suburban and my 74 P/U have had less trouble in all their years.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts