Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is some reasons why my wife's ABS light came on in her van? She has been taking it slow and easy to work and back during this winter icestorm we've been having.

Yesterday she said on her way to work her ABS light came on and won't go off. I checked the brake fluid and it's normal.

·
Registered
11,511 Posts
Worn brakes, bad master cylinder, breaks need adjusting, bad sensor, and many other things. Go to a break repair shop and find out.

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Find a wiring diagram and you can check the wheel speed sensors yourself. When you spin the wheel they will read an AC voltage proportional to the speed. From what I've seen most ABS problems are due to the wheel speed sensors.

·
sheep & antenna farming
2,845 Posts
My 2001 Chrysler Town & Country started doing this a year ago. The display also said "trac off." I had the dealer check it and there was nothing obvious wrong. It only did it when it was very cold in the morning (like under 10 degrees) and would go away once the van warmed up. Did that all winter off and on and stopped in the spring.

Traded the van in this fall for a 2005 Dodge Caravan that doubles as a sheep hauler.

Peg

·
Premium Member
4,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My 2001 Chrysler Town & Country started doing this a year ago. The display also said "trac off." I had the dealer check it and there was nothing obvious wrong. It only did it when it was very cold in the morning (like under 10 degrees) and would go away once the van warmed up. Did that all winter off and on and stopped in the spring.

Traded the van in this fall for a 2005 Dodge Caravan that doubles as a sheep hauler.

Peg
Yep her track light is on too. We were trying to figure out what the heck a track is. Also, we just experienced some severe coldness also. For a couple days the high was in the low 20's and nights were down in the single digit/low teens.

With our little icestorm winter mix they throwed down a lot of salt and sand on the roads so maybe that's got the wheel speed sensor haywired.

Thanks everyone, your help is very much appreciated.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts