about probios gel

Discussion in 'Goats' started by livefree, Nov 18, 2005.

1. livefree

livefree Active Member

I just ordered more probios gel. It is blue. The last one I had was a creamy white. Is blue the new color? Or is there something wrong with the tubes? Does anyone else use this? And is it blue.

thanks for any input
    Lori

2. Teacupliz

Teacupliz Well-Known Member

my goats like the blue better-- not sure the difference-- I have had both white and blue.. Liz

3. goatkid

goatkid Well-Known Member Supporter

There are 2 formulas of probios. The blue one is plain, the cream color stuff has vitamin E. Both are fine for goats.

4. Helena

Helena Well-Known Member

If I'm not mistaken can't you use yogurt in place of this ?? I believe I have used it when one of my goats got into and ate something that we thought might have poisoned her. The vet said it was almost the same. Am I thinking right or am totally thinking of something else.

5. goatkid

goatkid Well-Known Member Supporter

Yogurt can be used. Both contain cultures that aid in digestion. I've used both. Probios is just easier for me to use.

6. Misty

Misty Misty Gonzales

Better than probios because it has 5 live micro-organisms instead of three is Calf Pac made by Loveland Industries. Not to be confused with calf pac made by probios.
    It comes in a powder, does not have to be refrigerated, you can keep it in the pickup, barn, house whatever. I keep some everywhere... You mix it up and make a drench, or you can sprinkle in on the food. It is good stuff.