Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
writing some wrongs
6,873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Y'all may remember me telling you about my German Shepherd Dog, Maverick. We adopted him when he was 4, about 2 1/2 years ago and he was really skittish and scared. Especially scared of women - scared of me. He's come a LONG way and though he's still really high strung, he's a wonderful pet and we adore him.

Just found out yesterday from his previous owner (DH sees him sometimes at work) that Mav's dad was a police dog. Isn't that cool?

We knew he was special. :)

Here's the fellow -- looks ferocious, doesn't he? This is his "throw the ball throw the ball NOW!!!" face.

·
Canning Crazy
2,332 Posts
Lol...I have a 2 year old german shepherd. Ruso..and he has that same look when he's really playing hard. Throw the dang ball NOW will ya mom..please???? Lol...they are such love bugs though.

·
Premium Member
4,507 Posts
Awwww...he's a beauty!!

I have always wanted a German Shepherd.... the one I wanted & got as a child tried to kill me by lungining at my throat,I blocked him w/ my left arm (I've always called it "My King Arm".after the dog,and have some nerve damage in it) and he tore into that. After my Dad showed up & beat him w/ a ten speed,he let go & went for my left leg.
Dog was nuts from the get-go.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Here's the fellow -- looks ferocious, doesn't he? This is his "throw the ball throw the ball NOW!!!" face.
Wow, lookit all those TEETH! lol

Remember when the hype was how dangerous german shepherds were? They were the "pit bulls" of the ... 60s? 70s?

No one else seems to remember this, they just look at me when I say that the fashion in what is a mean dog changes over time.

Our neighbor has a small GS and she is a good girl. The wife got a toy poodle something or other, and the GS and the bittie ball of stuff "fight" like there's no tomorrow and have tons of fun. GS is about 20x the size of ball of fluff. Yup clearly vicious. GS is a shop dog and likes to play tugowar with yer shoe. She doesn't get to do that with me, but she's a good dog.

·
Big Front Porch advocate
44,851 Posts
Oh, but he is a sweetheart! Still not much of a house dog though. He prefers to be outside.

Now in this photo I could see giving him a good behind the ear scratching. But that other photo, I'd not get near him.
He sure is an nice looking dog.
Angie

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
Looks like Maverick has come a long way....
I understand the first picture perfectly, since I have a Belgian Shepherd, with an equal mouthful of teeth that he loves to show off. But behind those teeth is a big baby.

Angie, try to look at that first picture, like a big smile! I'm guessing the tail was wagging furiously during that pose...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts