Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So as not to hijack the rifle thread.

I had a sign made and hung it in my shop.

"There are three people that can borrow tools here, if you don't know who they are, you aren't one of them."

Works well. Seth

·
Registered
311 Posts
You can learn fast on what guy can borrow something.
If I borrow something, they want it back ASAP. If friends borrow from me, I have to wait, or drive over to retrieve the item.
I'm down to two people I will borrow stuff out too.

·
Premium Member
11,554 Posts
When I worked in a shop, I had a sign on the wall by my tool box...

I don't lend my tools. I rent them.
My rental rate is three times the sale price of a new tool.

I never got asked to rent one... Go figure.

·
Miniature Horse lover
25,219 Posts
Yes sos do I and right now my chainsaw is over at a friends house no big deal. We share many things back and forth. that is what Friends do~ Like the post above, it is stuff, things, no sense for two friends to have the same Stuff or things that is just a waste of money,when you only use them once in awhile. What good does it do my friend for me to have a chainsaw in the shed and not using it when it also can use it once in awhile we Share Back and forth. If the chain goes dull under his use, he replaces it, that is what friends do.

·
Registered
8,830 Posts
I have loaned most everything I own, it is just stuff. God lent it to me to make my life better, I hope it helps others. There are a few very sentimental things I won't loan but no one knows I have THEM either....James
A few folks I have loaned things to they come back in better shape than when they left :thumb: I got a 24 foot aluminum extension ladder and next one borrows it if they keep it I won't be mad . All I use on it is the first three steps and I can't move it around any more .:facepalm:

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Never loan out what you can't afford to lose, never borrow what you can't afford to replace/fix. But that doesn't mean never loan and never borrow. No need for everyone to have duplicates of everything that they use once every 5 years.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts