Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that this varies alot but can anyone give me a time frame on when a FF normally ( for use of a better word ) starts to bag up these goats were given to me so I have no idea They have been here one week and are bags are getting gradually fuller and the teats a little larger. Just hoping I could get a time frame I do have some pictures that I will get uploaded.

Other question is I had a doe in with my buck pen breeding her month was up on Monday was waiting until Wednesday to move her for extra help from hubby. Tuesday the buck passed away they had a 3 sided shelter and he died in it the weather had been fairly mild and then 3 almost 4 days below freezeing with the wind chill in the low teens . SO I am wondering how long I have to wait to find out if she is prego, she is the herd queen and really protective of my children they can walk into the goat pen and she acts like their guardian angel. Also I am hoping if she is that it is a spotted buckling like its dad he was the nicest buck EVER ! It has been a long week at m house and am hoping for better news in the baby department.

·
Registered
3,606 Posts
I'm sorry I don't have a good answer for your first question.

For your doe, a good indication of pregnancy is if she does not cycle again. If you are lucky and her heats are very obvious, you will watch her at about 17-21 days after her first day with the buck and see if she goes into heat again. If not, she is probably pregnant. Keep watching every 17-21 days and see if she cycles again. To be sure, wait until she's at least 26 days pregnant (check this date with biotracking) and then pull blood and send it to biotracking. I think it's only $7.50 per sample.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have noticed that my FF seem to start bagging up about 6-8 weeks before delivering. Bio-Tracking is now asking that you wait till 28 days after they're bred before pulling blood. I used them last year and they are just great!

Tamera

·
Retired Coastie
5,149 Posts
Bagging usually begins slowly with around 30 days or less until the day of kidding. Enlargement continues until the special day..Topside

1 - 4 of 4 Posts