Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you do when you have a pantry, 2 freezers and 2 fridges all full of food and there's nothing to eat! :viking:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
RedTartan said:
Order pizza, dude.

:) RedTartan
No pizza to order out here in the boonies, and if there was we are FLAT broke!

And I'm not a dude. :p

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Think outside the box!
Sometimes we just have big servings of veggies for dinner. I call it Mama's Veggie Platter. A take on Cracker Barrel's veggie plate. :)
I have to remind myself that a meal is not meat, starch and veggie always.
God Bless,
Michele

·
Icelandic Sheep
3,348 Posts
ladycat said:
And I'm not a dude. :p
Oh, I know. I call everybody dude. I can have whole conversations that consist only of the word "dude." Only the inflection changes. :)

RedTartan

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
wildhorse said:
Have someone else cook for a change.
Ain't nobody else.

I wrapped 2 pieces of chicken in foil and stuck them in the oven to cook. Will make sandwiches. All I can manage right now. I've been overworking and have a RA and fibro flareup, my legs and energy are giving out. :Bawling:

·
Premium Member
17,383 Posts
Deep fry something! ANYTHING!

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
I like egg salad or pancakes when I can't think of anything else or time gets away from me.

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Shut your eyes, reach in and grab something from each food category, then enter those three things into the search engine of any recipe website. Don't worry if you don't have ALL the ingredients. Wing it, or make up your own Whatchagot Skillet Dinner.

One word of advice, though. My family did not care for fish, green chilies and lime Jello mixed together.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The chicken is almost done. Gotta find the energy to get the bread and mayo out.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
ladycat said:
What do you do when you have a pantry, 2 freezers and 2 fridges all full of food and there's nothing to eat! :viking:

I keep hoping that I can become the type of person who would get down on my knees and thank God for my many blessings, then get up and make a bowl of oatmeal. After that, decide to reduce the entire contents of my food pantry and donate it to charity.

I always did better when I wasn't sure where my next meal would come from. Do you think our good fortunes makes us less appreciative of the abundance we have?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
KCM said:
I keep hoping that I can become the type of person who would get down on my knees and thank God for my many blessings, then get up and make a bowl of oatmeal. After that, decide to reduce the entire contents of my food pantry and donate it to charity.

I always did better when I wasn't sure where my next meal would come from. Do you think our good fortunes makes us less appreciative of the abundance we have?
mtman said:
all that food and nothing to eat you just aint hungry
Just swollen up legs and a lot of pain.

And no, we won't reduce the contents of the pantry. We buy organic in cheap bulk quantities, it's the only way we can afford it.

We give HUGE amounts of food away to the mission and to individual needy families. It just keeps showing up out of nowhere. :shrug:

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.