Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:goodjob: We made it--through the grace of God and determination, we made it to SW Va! Without the good Lord and the help of Rose2005 ( :sing: you are wonderful) along with the tips and assistance of others here, we will make it. The people around here are very friendly and socialable (sp?)...I'm sure we're going to like it :)

We signed the lease for a year last night..here goes! All of the canning, homesteading, and frugal things we have been practicing will be tested. Any more tips, ideas and such will be more than welcome. Wish me luck! LOL :p

·
Appalachian American
10,639 Posts
Welcome to the mountains. If the culture shock doesn't kill you, you'll never want to go back.

It is important to note that sometimes, the neighbors shoot off fireworks for no apparent reason. ;)

·
Registered
934 Posts
Welcome to the area,I`m right over the line.You`ll love it here,although the unusual drought and hot weather have certainly tested my homesteading skills.It`s still the best place in country as far as I`m concerned. :)

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The next month will be one of the biggest tests of being in the mountains...my DH left for our old 'hood today :Bawling: You have no idea how much I miss him and he's been gone only 1 1/2 hours already...

My DH went back to work to finish out his union contract, and it's just me and the heathen kids of mine :) for a month...but, I do have good friends, a nice community and a tiny little church on the mountain to visit :angel:

Sounding kind of selfish :eek: but can I ask for some prayers? I've never been alone without my DH this long...and I have to keep myself busy, busy, busy so I don't cry and dwell so much--yeah, I volunteered for the Fall Festival here :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.