A Willy Welcome

Discussion in 'Countryside Families' started by Farmerwilly2, Jan 3, 2007.

1. Farmerwilly2

Farmerwilly2 Well-Known Member

We got a fresh year to play with plans and dreams of what we can do with it.
    I thought I'd throw out an invitation to any of you folks coming through our area to stop in, have a cup of coffee or a sweet tea depending on the weather. Your welcome to come sit on the deck and visit awhile. So, if you're in the middle of Kentucky and need a break stop in and say hey.

2. kasilofhome

kasilofhome Well-Known Member

Wow, that is really a great offer. When I did have need to travel away from home I did contact this place for people who lived in the the area that I was traveling to.
    1. I wanted to learn a bit about the area
    2. And also see how someone eles was hometeading
    It was great.
    I Met Laura
    I milked a goat for a second but I learned how to do it and that I was not hurting the goat
    I got to share something from Alaska (salmon) and was surprized with a muscovery duck meat to bring home.
    Invitations such as this open the door both ways to learning. Thank you should I ever find myself in Kentucky again I'll bring a salmon or eggs to hatch.

3. mainer

mainer Well-Known Member

thanks, willy. sounds like a great idea. I'm also open to meeting you folks on the forum.I have met a few at ericjeppers homestead get together this summer,but would like to extend an open invite to any passing thro central Indiana.always a welcome here.

4. Farmerwilly2

Farmerwilly2 Well-Known Member

I figure it never hurts to be neighborly. Lots of folks on this board have helped us with advise and such, I figure that's the main reason most of us come here. We might have different opinions on things but that's not enough reason not to visit and share a drink, a story, or a good laugh. We've never turned anyone away that needed a hand (being 3 minutes from the general store I've 4 folks run out of gas to date). Never run anyone off but for poachers, salesmen (I don't buy meat from the back of a pickup--freezer or not), and gypsies working the area. We might not have a lot but we share what we have and we don't send folks away hungry.