Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My brother in law gave me a "jade Plant" the plant was small and seemed like a regular Jade plant. I re-potted it and I took the plant to my office, I placed the plant close to a big window. And then the plant started growing. But not like a regular "jade plant" this plant started growing like an IVY, the branches are everywhere, and they are taking all the window space, I have other plants in the same place and they don't look like they need sunshine, neither the Jade. But I never saw the jade plant doing this. I had another before in my office, which I gave it away because a coworker felt in love with it, and that one was growing normally. One of my coworkers think this plant is a hybrid. What you guys think?

·
Premium Member
2,660 Posts
I've seen lots and lots of different kinds of jade plants, with all different kinds of leaves and growth habits. I've seen some with little leaves that grew like a small shrub. Right now I have a trumpet jade: the leaves are curled around and do indeed look like little trumpets.

Undoubtedly, you have one that is just a different variety. Good for you!

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I love trumpet jade, i had two during my gardening history. But one was stolen, I think by a lady at work, and the other I gave it away because I was moving to another home. But I love them, in spring I am going to get one from Lowe's

·
Registered
621 Posts
I bought a jade plant labeled "baby jade" 2 years ago, remembering the HUGE jade my mom had before she got sick and lost alot of her houseplants. (she started over, but no new jade :( ) I repotted it this summer because it hadn't done much and BOY! id it ever take off! However, I have what you are describing. There is new growth all along the branches, but the branches are no longer erect - they trail like ivy. Very pretty, but not like I remember! :shrug: I love it now, but I still hope to find one like mom's. :grin:

Jessie

1 - 4 of 4 Posts