A VERY Christian Praise Topic

Discussion in 'Countryside Families' started by bostonlesley, Dec 31, 2006.

1. bostonlesley

bostonlesley Guest

Some of you may know that for over 8 years I've been disabled. I kind of have to "dance around" the "why", due to legal issues..but folks on the forum are able to read between the lines. For years the doctors were mystified as to what caused the horrendous pain in my right leg, as well as a myriad of other symptoms. ( elevation of protein in my spinal fluid, bouts of optic neuritis, trips to the ER with abdominal pain, dizziness). They thought perhaps I had some weird form of Multiple Sclerosis, but the brain MRI's were always "inconclusive". The only time that I'd have symptoms disappear, or get better was when we'd move and eat out for a few weeks until our household goods were unpacked. Then once again, I'd begin to get very sick.

I cannot possibly post ALL of the details..it would take a book. Suffice it to say that through a series of events 2 years ago, it became necessary to leave my husband and stay at a shelter for women. Much to my surprise, even though I had bladder cancer at that time, I began to improve health-wise and improve rapidly. Over the course of 6 months it became obvious that strange as it seemed, the more time that went by the less symptoms I had. I saw a toxicologist. I was stunned by his diagnosis...so much so that I saw another one for a second opinion a few months later...same diagnosis. I managed to contact the wife before me..she had been through the same thing. I was staggered. THIS was like living in a movie..a bad movie. How could this be real?
    Over the last two years all of the symptoms have gone away except the nerve damage pain in my right leg. "toxic Neuropathy". Nerve damage caused by ingesting a toxic substance over a course of 8 years..unknowingly.

Last week, a good friend of mine decided that "enough was enough" and specifically prayed her heart out for ME. She prayed that the Lord would take away the pain which was caused by evil intentions. My Doctor switched meds last week and started me on a new drug..Lyrica. As of yesterday morning, for the first time in more than 8 years, I had no pain in my right leg..just a slight "soreness". The pain used to be like having someone jab an ice pick into my leg 24/7 without ceasing. Now that is gone..Unbelievers would say that it is merely the new drug. If not for my faith, I would have killed myself 2 years ago after finding out why I was sick, nevermind the pain..I FIRMLY believe that the drug IS answered prayer, plus direct healing from God as a result of my friend's prayers for me. Praise God for His infinite mercy and goodness..and I posted this so that those other folks who suffer from chronic pain would have hope. I have no more knowledge than anybody else does why God choses to answer prayer more dramatically at times than at other times..I'm clueless..yet prayer IS always answered. I look forward to donating this powerchair to somebody else!!

2. dhaley

dhaley Rebel Chick

I'm sorry to hear about what you went through. But I am glad you are feeling better and the pain is going away. God is a good God isn't He?

3. AngieM2

AngieM2 Big Front Porch advocate

What a great thing, that the pain is gone... May you continue to have recovery...

(and really sorry to find out HOW you got this way, )

Angie

4. okgoatgal2

okgoatgal2 Well-Known Member

good for you lesley, hope you continue to improve. look forward to seeing you again sometime :)

5. Ninn

Ninn Custom Crochet Queen

Have they been able to isolate the toxic substance? Are they saying that they belive your husband has been systematically poisoning you over the years? I feel so bad for your suffering and so happy that someone has finally nailed down the "why" of it all for you. Now you can make decisions on the "how " of healing. I will be praying for you. I am so glad to hear that you are finally pain free.

6. Peacock

Peacock writing some wrongs Supporter

I'm so happy for you! Now....how about pressing charges against the SOB? You have his ex with her own experience; there has to be something you can do!

7. bob clark

bob clark A man's man

thats great news,BL

8. Melissa

Melissa member

Lesley that is great news. You have been through so much and stayed so strong through it all.

9. SandyB

SandyB AKA Southernbelle32

Praise God!! That is so wonderful! I hate to hear what got you to that point but wonderful you are getting better!! :)

10. bostonlesley

bostonlesley Guest

To those who posed questions..I'd LOVE to answer them fully..perhaps one day I'll be able to do so..all that I can say at this time is that real life is not like what you see on TV. I wish that it were. Real life situations are much more frustrating and complicated and the answers cannot be posted on a public forum..not yet anyway.

11. Nan

Nan Well-Known Member

Thanks for sharing your awesome blessing! I hope and pray your recovery continues...both emotionally and physically! It is your time to "mount up with wings as eagles!" :angel:

12. elkhound

elkhound Well-Known Member Supporter

wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwooooo...hoooooooo....is all i can say lesley.good going for you and god and the new drug.i think you are a great lady .cant wait to see you on the up and about list totally and chickens and goats and a dog on YOUR homestead.you will see a ol'fat mtn man do a happy dance for you.... :hobbyhors

13. FarmboyBill

FarmboyBill Well-Known Member Supporter

Im SO glad to hear that yiour up and better than when I saw you last. Maybe instead of just singing songs next spring, we ll dance a few LOL

14. Niki

Niki mini-steader

Lesley, I am stunned...speechless...wow...I am so sorry you've been through what you have, but at the same time...wow...what an incredible experience.

15. woodsmokeinherhair

woodsmokeinherhair it's bout quality of life

wow .... that is like a movie ..... But I am so glad for your recovery! The freedom of getting where you need to be without pain .... I *do* understand, and think it couldn't have happened to a better person :).

Woodsmokeinherhair!

16. Freeholder

Freeholder Well-Known Member

That's wonderful news! God IS great!

Kathleen

17. Ramblin Wreck

Ramblin Wreck Well-Known Member Supporter

James 2:18 - Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.

Keep working at it and continue getting better Lesley!

18. naturewoman

naturewoman Well-Known Member

Really great news Lesley...it's so good to hear that you are on the mend. Perhaps it was God that helped get the new drug developed and that got your doctor to give it to you, in conjunction with your friend's prayers.

However it happened, I am just delighted that some day soon you will be dancing again, without the chair. :)

19. billooo2

billooo2 Well-Known Member Supporter

WoooHoooo!!!!!! CELEBRATE!!!!!!! :dance: :dance:

20. NCGirl

NCGirl Well-Known Member

Thats terrific that you are feeling better. What a tough time, so glad that you are able to start the new year with such great hope. WONDERFUL!!