Homesteading Forum banner
21 - 40 of 61 Posts

·
Premium Member
29,043 Posts
I haven't seen the video of the altercation so I can't really judge what alternative action he might have done. At the very least pushing the barrel aside would direct the bullet away from you.

·
Registered
36,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
That’s actually not a bad tactical response to having a gun pointed at you. It doesn’t always work out in your favor, but it does give you at least a chance at controlling where the muzzle is pointed. The bad guy can’t shoot you if he can’t get his gun pointed at you.
It was the last thing he did

·
Registered
7,304 Posts
It was the last thing he did
When someone is assaulting you and putting your life at risk, there’s a chance that anything you do could be the last thing you did.

I respect that Arbery at least tried to defend himself, and, if he’d have managed to get the muzzle of that shotgun pointed the right way, and plastered the sidewalk with what little brains Cletus had, I’d have been rooting for him in his self-defense trial just like I rooted for Rittenhouse.

·
Registered
18,301 Posts
They were only guilty of not taking the stand crying and not committing murder in Wisconsin.
Yeah, if they were crying I would have voted not guilty because me and the other 11 jurors are idiots and can't seem to find the truth. We only use our emotions to sentence someone to death or life in prison.

·
Registered
7,304 Posts
If you ever need a reminder of how brain-dead the corporate media can make some people, taking away their ability to logically differentiate even between an apple and a porcupine, just come back to this post.

They were only guilty of not taking the stand crying and not committing murder in Wisconsin.

·
Registered
5,999 Posts
I don't know
I haven't seen the video of the altercation so I can't really judge what alternative action he might have done. At the very least pushing the barrel aside would direct the bullet away from you.
Im with you. How do 3 get convicted when one person did the shooting? Maybe if people minded their own business not carry a camera around. Just dont get the protesters influence on the court.

·
Registered
7,304 Posts
How do 3 get convicted when one person did the shooting?
It actually makes a lot of sense, and I support laws that punish accessories equal to trigger pullers.

Imagine you have three people on trial:
The first defendant shot and killed the victim. The second defendant held the victim down. The third defendant was the one who had beef with the victim, convinced the other two defendants to do it, and drove them all to the scene of the crime. Which one is responsible for that murder?

…Maybe if people minded their own business not carry a camera around.
That’s the truly sickening aspect of this case. I’m fuzzy on these details because I read them like a year ago, when this all came to light, so forgive me and/or correct me on anything I’m off on.

Arbery was murdered a couple months prior to any of us hearing about it. Arbery’s family was making a stink about it, trying to get some BLM-action drummed up, but they didn’t really know what happened (they were just convinced their boy dindu nuffin… good boy and all that), and the world wasn’t paying attention because they had the video of the murder of George Floyd to get all slobber-lathered over. Nobody cared about Ahmed Arbery.

While Arbery’s mother was raising a stink, multiple officials, a DA and a sheriff maybe (I’ll have to look up the exact numbers and titles) refused to prosecute, had some conflict(s) of interest, and tried to get the whole thing squashed. It was done. Nobody cared about Ahmed Arbery.

Then, out of no where, one of the three, I don’t know if it was Cooter, Cletus or Beauregard, was bragging about the incident and showed off the video of them murdering Arbery. Heads exploded, people lost their scat, and the video made its way online. Suddenly, people realized that Arbery’s mother wasn’t just doing the hair-reading, teeth-gnashing dance, and had been right all along.

STILL, Glynn County tried to play it off that they were taking the high road and wouldn’t be pressured into a prosecution to soothe the mob. Within a couple days, though, enough people got loud enough that they realized they couldn’t not take charges to a grand jury.

There’s not really going to be justice in this case, and none of us should feel safe or satisfied until the TPTB in Glynn County are held to account for trying to ignore this case.

In an interesting tangent, Glynn County, GA, more specifically Brunswick, GA is the home of the main FLETC (Federal Law Enforcement Training Center), where almost every Federal agent goes for boot camp and various advanced training courses. There are FLETCs in AZ, MD, Bangkok and Zimbabwe, but FLETC, Glynco (the facility’s PO address named for Glynn County) is the grand-daddy FLETC that all the Feds start out at.

I’m there a half-dozen times a year and used to stay in Brunswick, but, since seeing how messed up their justice system is, I’ve started staying in Savannah and commuting the extra 50 minutes each day. I may be white, and I may have a lot of friends on-post at Glynco, but I’m still not comfortable being an outsider in Glynn County until they unscrew their justice system.

·
Registered
36,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
From the heart

Speaking on the steps of the courthouse on Wednesday afternoon, Marcus Arbery said that his son’s murder should not happen to anyone, be they black or white.​
“For real, all lives matter,” Arbery said as the crowd, including Rev. Al Sharpton, nodded in agreement. “Not just black children, we don’t want to see nobody go through this.” He went on to say:​
I don’t want to see no daddy to watch his kid get shot down like that. It’s all our problem. So let’s keep fighting. Let’s keep doing it and making this a better place for all human beings. All human beings. Love everybody! All human beings need to be treated equally. Today is a good day.​

21 - 40 of 61 Posts