Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple of years ago, I posted about my little dog Mudpuppy and how I was having trouble with him learning to use his pee pads.

http://www.homesteadingtoday.com/ge...side-families/451873-hes-missing-concept.html

Well, today he passed away and even though I've had plenty of time to get use to the idea, it still hurts. He was a good little dog. He only bit me twice. I'm going to miss him. He was 3 weeks shy of 17 1/2.

·
Registered
999 Posts
Wow! That is really old!
Last year I had to put my cat down at almost 23 year old. :(
Her last few months of life were me making modified litter boxes for her, as she couldn't climb into anything or hold herself up to potty. So we sacrificed some baking sheets, and plastic covered the floor for when she missed.
She is sorely missed, and I hear you, I would give almost anything to have to keep cleaning her litter... Awnry Abe is right... I tend to think it is just easier to not think about it much of the time. :(

·
Registered
7,153 Posts
So sorry to hear of this. Just try to remember all the good years of companionship she gave you.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Whenever you keep a pet that is not enjoying life anymore you are really thinking of your own feelings more than the pets - yes I know that it is very far to put down a pet that you love very much but for the pet it is the better thing to do - we all have to go sometime -

·
Registered
14,353 Posts
It is hard. A good dog is always so intertwined in their people's life. I stll smile when I think of Molly, gone over a decade, and our morning game of 'doggy toes'. I'd say 'doggy toes" then try to sneak my hand under the covers and touch her foot. Her job was to stay still but pull her foot away just before I touched it. If she also touched my hand with her nose before I got there, she won. If I touched her foot, I won.
So she still brings me joy all these years later. Everytime I replay the game in my memory.
Mudpuppy is still there for you. And will always be there. That's what good dogs do.

Hugs......

·
Registered
551 Posts
Very sorry for your loss! :(

·
Registered
251 Posts
So sorry you lost your friend and companion. I lost one of my Chihuahuas a month ago and I know how hard it is, still think of him every day. The love of a dog is one of God's biggest blessings.

·
Bitter Clinger
4,787 Posts
Some animals are just special. They share a special bond with you or stake out a special place in your heart, but that specialness also makes the loss of them a special kind of pain -- true, raw, hard pain. It's the price we pay for having that special creature in our lives, I guess.

I am so sorry for your loss.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts