A pig raisers nightmare

Discussion in 'Pigs' started by Horace Baker, Mar 22, 2005.

1. Horace Baker

Horace Baker Well-Known Member

Being slowly eaten alive by piglets!

[​IMG]

2. james dilley

james dilley Well-Known Member Supporter

Bunch of nice looking piglets if you ask me.Just what breed/cross are they, Its been yrs. since I have had pigs and can't remember the colors for the differnt breeds.

3. Horace Baker

The piglets in the picture are Tamworths. And thanks for the compliment about them, this is a particularly nice litter. I wasn't going to save any, but the biggest gilt has made a believer out of me.

4. vtfarma

vtfarma Well-Known Member

Nice looking pigs - it never ceases to amaze me how I can walk through an entire herd of cows in a mud filled field and come away cleaner than when I get within a half mile of a pig. They are always tasting some part of my clothing!

What are they about 8 - 10 weeks?

5. pjd

pjd Well-Known Member

I wish I lived closer to you! My father in law's father owned a pig farm many many years ago and my father in law said when his father wanted a hog for his table he would buy Tamworths and raise them. My father in law says they are the best but I haven't found any around here.

6. royB

royB Active Member

I'm thinking those are the same ones you posted a picture of on an earlier thread, just after they were born right? They are growing nicely!

I picked up my 2 this past weekend. I really like their temperment so far, very easy going. I can't wait till they farrow and I get my own little bunch.

7. Horace Baker

They are 5 weeks old.

They are the same pigs. Since there are only 5, they're growing real fast.