Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yay! I did it. I knitted two actual socks. You will recognise my color scheme. One day I will get some new yarn...*sigh*. But in the mean time, meet my new Inaugeration Day Socks...

That is, I am now sworn in to the Sock-knitters Cult.:D

They fit me too. :icecream:

They even let me in to ravelry...my User ID is Odinsneedles. Now I am off to find a toe-up pattern using sport weight yarn, and #3 needles...to make my DH some VERY bright red (redheart acrylic) socks...:walk:

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
I aspire to do as well! Very nice!

If I can just learn to keep my tension even, no problem with it in my crocheting, but my knitting so far is slow going....

Twila

·
Fiber Arts forum Mod.
11,519 Posts
I friended you!

·
Premium Member
10,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks, COSunflower! They are made from the standard WM yarn, RedHeart and are 100% acrylic, and worsted weight.

Yesterday I went to a REAL yarn store and I spent some money on sock yarn. I am glad my DH was w/ me or I might have gone overboard. Holy smokes that stuff is pricy!

I must find a more economical source for yarn....

·
Wasza polska matka
6,912 Posts
watch AC Moore flyers for the 50 or 40% off any one item coupons. you can also register on their website, and they will send you printable coupons. I got one this week, three coupons, one for thurs, fri and sat. I really didnt need anything except yarn, so I got a large skein of cotton each trip, half off (I work near one, so no biggie)

·
Fiber Arts forum Mod.
11,519 Posts
Lion Brand Wool Ease is a perfectly acceptable yarn for socks. They also have some 100% yarns that you can use also.

·
Pure mischief
897 Posts
Oh well done! I am envious as I have not yet finished one sock. Although, that's my next project after I finish this scarf for a friend.

Try Ravelry - I have found some lovely yarn for a great deal when people are destashing.

·
Premium Member
10,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
WIHH, socks are not hard, I swear! People knit wads of socks all the time. I am a totally new knitter! I made a scarf, then a pair of mittens, then a pair of slippers, and then SOCKS!

Next I am going to learn CABLES! (and I am not TOO scared either...) I just have to finish these RED socks first...Hopefully tomorrow.

flannelberry, I am already hopelessly addicted to ravelry! If you make comments on peoples FO's, they usually write you back to say thankyou! I am getting to where I can recognise certain designers work on sight. Like any other artform, our unique "style" shows through (sometimes despite our every effort!)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts