A new job

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by Jena, Oct 18, 2004.

1. Jena

Jena Well-Known Member

I moderate a forum (not this one) and get paid $300/month to do so. It's easy work (most of the time). The owner of the forum had no clue how to handle flame wars and inappropriate posts and he thinks I'm the best thing since sliced bread.

I was just a participant on the forum and offered to moderate for him when he was going to close it due to it taking up all his time. It was his idea to pay me.

He just offered me another opportunity to input information into a database on line. It's like a referral service for various services. I have to find the info, put it in and he pays me $1 for each entry. I used to maintain a similar database and I'm familiar with they types of services he's looking for.

I've put off doing this as it can be a pain in the neck and didn't sound like it was worth it. Boy was I wrong. I just made $40 for about an hour's worth of work. I'm slow too...the gimp hand still doesn't work right...but once I find a good website, I just print off the list and go to town. The website I'm currently using will take me a long time to finish. I'm not even done with Alabama yet...

If I spend an hour a night, I'll be making some serious money.

I have no idea how many opportunities there are out there like this, but keep your eyes open, you never know when you'll find one.

Jena

2. TXlightningbug

TXlightningbug Well-Known Member

:worship: You go, Jena! That's the way to do it. Have them come to you with the cash up front. :haha:
    I do hope that hand is healing all right. TXlightningbug :yeeha:

3. cloverfarm

cloverfarm Well-Known Member

The last I read, you thought you might have a bone infection in one of the injured fingers? How did that turn out?

Anyway ... wonder if keyboarding in a warm house will be good therapy! (DD's "boo boo hand" is very sensitive to cold right now.)

Good for you landing the two jobs!

Ann

4. cowgirlone

cowgirlone Well-Known Member

WHOA! That's great!
    I've got to have a serious talk with Chuck! :D (I know, I know....I'll get double what he paid me last month)

Congratulations Jena, you did good!

5. Jena

Jena Well-Known Member

The guy I moderate for has the forum as part of his business. Part of my job is trying to generate calls to his office, so it's not quite the same as this forum. It's all about $$$$.

My finger flares up about every two weeks. I think it's a matter of figuring out exactly how to keep that hook nail filed back. I am not ready to give up on it yet.

Cold is not good for boo-boo fingers. I call mine "Gimp Hand" as in "Gimp Hand does not like the cold!" It turns dead looking purple and complains loudly. Keyboarding is much better!

Jena

6. Dawndra

Dawndra I'm back

I am with you Cowgirlone! I think I'm going to ask for tripple what I got last month!

7. Ross

Ross Moderator Staff Member Supporter

I don't know what I'd do with myself if I got TRIPLE!!! Golly the imagination runs wild!

8. cloverfarm

cloverfarm Well-Known Member

Poor Gimp Hand. DD's doesn't look so great either, when it gets cold!

Well, keep up the good work. I was thinking about the effect of small, repetitive motions on the injured hand ... the exercise, the improved circulation .... bet this job could not have come along at a better time!

Ann