Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This will be my 500th post. [/COLOR](blushing shyly) It's only taken six years?

Since I've chosen the Homesteading Forum to brag on, maybe I'll give a brief update on what I accomplished this year.
My garden grew from 5' x 10' to 5' x 20'. I planted potatoes, onions, squash, zuchini, peas, flowers, tomatoes, parsley, basil, and green beans.

My tomaotes were fabulous. Six plants graced me with over a bushel of rich, juicy orbs! Including all the ones I ate fresh, I got 17 pints of sauce. :happy:

From picking a bushel of apples I canned 12 pints of sauce. Several jars of apple butter, 7 quarts of apple pie filling.

I froze three quart bags of blueberries, three bags of peach filling. One bag of raspberries and many quart bags of green beans. I also froze four bags of sweet cherries. I got about 4 pounds of onions and 5 pounds or more of potatoes.

All told there must have been several gallons of green beans. With the exception of the fruit, all this bounty came from a garden no larger than a standard sedan. It was wonderful.

I made several batches of plum and nectarine jam and also canned three pints of sweet cucumber chunks.

I was so grateful to the Lord for giving me the strength to garden, even if it was two miles out of town! Especially after five years of increasing physical disability.

It was wonderful .
So here's the old girl kicking up her heels (well in her imagination, anyway) :banana02:

Stef

·
Premium Member
3,891 Posts
Way to go, Stef!! Congrats on your successful garden (and your 500th post!). Nothing compares to the taste of your own home grown veggies, or the satisfaction you feel when harvesting them.

·
Registered
142 Posts
You go girl!!!
May working with the earth help to heal the body and soul.

·
Registered
11,076 Posts
Congratulations on the 500th. I never even realized there was a post counter until about a month ago when someone else achieved a milestone. At that time I realized that my moniker Windy in Kansas is correct.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts