A link I found on the net

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by Madame, Feb 23, 2005.

1. Madame

Madame Well-Known Member Supporter

I like the site. Thanks for sharing, and welcome to Homesteading Today.

2. joeywagner

joeywagner New Member

I am glad people are enjoyin the website. Sorry if you feel you don't want to click it. I am a member there but frequently read this site and felt people here would enjoy it also...thats all. But again glad to see people find it useful like as I have.

3. joeywagner

joeywagner New Member

I am writing a message to tell people about a wierd instance with a monderator here.

Since I posted this link I have recieved a PM from a moderator here, who I wont name whos message stated:

subject: This is a very anti Peta site
    message: if that is your intentions, go away before the attack returns.

I didn't really understand this message ... so I wrote and just said I dont know what you mean. They replied:

message: You posted your site which promotes veggy stuff, we eat animals,,what do you not understand?

So I am confused because I don't understand what that has to do with anything. Number 1, it isnt my site I posted a link to. Also the link is not to some kind of Peta or Super Vegitarian...I believe they have a few articles that mention vegitarian things but the site is about Homesteading...I also dont understand why they make it seem like the rath of this forum will be released because that site is PETA (even though its not)...why would an attack be released or return as they state.

4. Xandras_Zoo

Xandras_Zoo Well-Known Member

Peta? Nah. Peta would not have said anything in there. They would have said that eating eggs is bad, shooting animals to put them down is bad, and that anyone who isn't vegan is an evil son of a b**ch who deserves to burn in hell. Nope, not Peta, but promoting vegetarianism.

I believe Joey felt it had useful information, and it did, and that's why it was posted. Not to convert us into vegetartians.

What's the fuss?

5. KAK

KAK Well-Known Member

Geeze Louise! What's wrong with being a vegetarian? Not everyone who doesn't eat meat is a radical PETA member. :rolleyes:

6. brosil

brosil Well-Known Member Supporter

I like vegetables. There's nothing like some mashed potatoes and green beans with a good piece of roast beef.

7. JackieA

JackieA Well-Known Member

8. Daryll in NW FLA

Daryll in NW FLA Well-Known Member

Hey joeywagner , Cool site-thanks for posting it. Daryll in NW FLA

9. seedspreader

seedspreader AFKA ZealYouthGuy

Joey,

My advice is disregard the PM and just enjoy the site. Like everything and everywhere, there are mostly good people on this site, but a few bad eggs and know-it-alls who will suspect anything you do or say. That said, I don't think bare necessarily fits that mold. Sometimes people just register and put a link and don't want to participate in the community. The community is very important to a successful BB. So we get tired of people doing that sometimes and I think that is what bare was saying.

As far as vegan's go... well let's just say I really enjoy eating dead animals, but won't ever stop someone from enjoying the carnage of a carrot :haha:. So hopefully they won't stop me either!

10. buttercup

buttercup Well-Known Member

This is a cool site. Has plans for a chicken coop, feeder etc and LOTS of information.

(As far as the PM, I don't care what ppl eat.)

Buttercup

11. Mrs_stuart

Mrs_stuart Well-Known Member

I found the site interesting and it has some good articles...i will go back to it in the future. thanks for posting it. Sorry you have had trouble about it though... But dont let it discourage you... thanks again.

Belinda

12. OD

OD Well-Known Member

Thanks. Lots of interesting reading there.