A lamb picture

Discussion in 'Sheep' started by Ross, Feb 24, 2004.

1. Ross

Ross Moderator Staff Member Supporter

I've been lazy with the ol digital camera, but this one begged to be taken. The dog is my old Springer Spaniel who it should be noted, hates all small animals, and all baby animals (humans are fine) but will tolerate them to an extent. This isn't normally how we keep bottle babies, my daughter left them out and they found the best spot in the house.
    [​IMG]

2. mawalla

mawalla Well-Known Member

Too cute, Ross! What breed are the little guys?

3. Ross

Ross Moderator Staff Member Supporter

Just little mutt lambs both rams, their mum really had no milk. They have some Canadian arcott in them through mum and (I'd have to look to be sure) proabably a grade Dorset. Bred by a cryptorchid ram lamb. She now has a pretty pink ear tag.

4. Jan in CO

Jan in CO Well-Known Member Supporter

What a cute pic, Ross! Always amazes me how critters decide who's a buddy and who isn't. We raised three piglets a while ago, and frequently found one of the barn cats sleeping on top of them. Unfortunately, he would never stay there long enough to get a picture. Thanks for posting it! Jan in Co

5. LeahN

LeahN Well-Known Member

Awww! Too cute!
    I have a pic of my dogs sleeping with a couple lambs but its not a digital pic. I don't think its quite as cute as yours though! One of the lambs went back out with her mother after a day, the other went to the woman looking for a bottle lamb on this forum (he's now a pet named Lambchop). Lambchop slept in a laundry basket at first, by my bed, but then he realized that its much more comfortable to snuggle with my border collie, Chase, who sleeps beside my bed. Poor Chase though...being a boy dog is hard when bottle lambs are looking for teats. He tolerated it quite well though, and was very gentle with the lambs.
    Last winter, we had 3 half grown kittens and a bottle baby boer goat. The 4 animals, to keep themselves warm, all slept together in a covered kitty litter box (that we use for laying boxes for our hens). I'd walk into the chicken shed and 3 cats and a goat would come tumbling out. Too funny!
    Leah

6. Josephine66

Josephine66 Active Member

That is one of the cutest pictures I have ever seen!

7. You should enter the picture in the Sheep! magazines photo contest, each issue the winner goes on the cover!
    Calvin

8. quiet mountain farmer

quiet mountain farmer Well-Known Member

farm in forest, in mountains of north Idaho
  9. bergere

bergere Just living Life

Ross, thank you for the picture !! They are cute....