A great cabin

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by FolioMark, Jul 16, 2004.

1. FolioMark

FolioMark In Remembrance

illinois but i have a homestead building in missou
  2. OUVickie

OUVickie Well-Known Member Supporter

That is awesome!
    I love the log cabin look. This guy sure put a lot of hard work into it. It's nice to see people taking on projects and building for themselves.
    Thanks for sharing the website!!!

3. katydidagain

katydidagain Adventuress--Definition 2 Supporter

Wow! That's very close to the loft I want. Thanks for posting it.

katy

4. AngieM2

AngieM2 Big Front Porch advocate

Holy cow Mark. I saw his post about it last night but did not see the link.
    That is really Wow

He did really good.

And that's one of my favorite wishing sites.

AngieM2

5. nans31

nans31 Well-Known Member

This site came up awhile back. It is a great site, if anyone has time, go visit their boards. Bunch of great people there.
    I bought the plans for "the little house", and are unused if anyone is interested in building your own place I can sell cheap!
    nan

6. nans31

nans31 Well-Known Member

Thought I'd cut/paste this bit of info I read recently on the forum at countryplans.com

Posted by sue on May 29, 2004 at 22:54:00:

Hi, We noticed that a lot of people we asking about the land in Marquette, KS. Well, it's true and it is a great deal. My husband and I recently were granted a great piece of property (free!)and are in the process of building a house! It is really a dream come true for us.
    There are only a couple of requirements. 1) you have to put a house on the land (or at least have a contract to build) within six months, 2) There are some building requirement but nothing too hard. 3)You have to live there at least one year.

How to get a piece of your dream. Contact:
    1) Steve Piper, City of Marquette (765) 546-2205 Ask for an application or leave your name and address on the answering machine and they will mail one to you.
    2) Tom Dyck, Deerfield Homes (620) 241-7338. He is a great guy who will really help you get the house of your dreams!

We are very excited to be moving into our new home really soon! Good luck and be sure and tell them Sue from PA sent you. :)