Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the middle of moving and doing all this around a 56 hour work week. Today was the last day working with a client/patient. Very nice folks with some very hard health issues to deal with. I went in bathed, dressed and did my usual tasks with them.

Before I left, I was presented with a beautiful patchwork quilt. The Dresden Plate patches had been made by my clients sister (I took care of her many years ago) and put together by her daughter. It was such a beautiful quilt and I was blown away by their kindness. I brought it home, spread it out and just enjoyed every stitch and patch. There's something very special about a hand made quilt. So much went into it and so many memories. Just wow!

·
Premium Member
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What a beautiful gesture.
That speaks volumes of how they felt about you and the people they are. :thumb:
Thank you, roadless. They didn't have to do it. I get a lot out of my job and working with them was always something I looked forward to. I will miss them.

·
Registered
679 Posts
There is just something magical about a handmade blanket made special just for you. I have one my grandma made for me. Grandma has been gone for a long time but I can still feel her love just by wrapping that blanket around me.
It has a treasured spot on the top shelf of the linen closet. My skids ask for it when they are stuck in bed. I like to think that tucking them under it means grandma is watching over them, helping care for them and making them feel better.

·
Reluctant Adult
8,956 Posts
That is really something. You obviously made a big difference in their lives for them to want to express their gratitude in such a thoughtful, personal way. I hope you feel as special as you are every time you look at it! :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts