a " go to" page tab ?

Discussion in 'HomesteadingToday Announcements & Support' started by spencedr, Apr 8, 2018.

1. spencedr

spencedr Member

if possible a go to page number tab would be nice , while reviewing a topic i will read or at least skim thru titles of pages and pages of a particular forum ( typically do this in the winter while on holiday and researching something new that we may want to add to the homestead , this year its sheep) it would be nice if i could just jump to a specific page within a topic and start approx where i left off. using the right arrow to get to page XXXX is a pain , first world problem i know , but a suggestion all the same. if this feature is available please advise. homesteadingtoday is a great resource , keep up the great work.

2. In The Woods

In The Woods Well-Known Member

D66537E1-F680-47D3-94B2-303020341E51.jpeg

When you are on the main pages which show the titles of threads - look just to the left of the title - you will see a round dot. If you click on the dot it will bring you directly to the most recent post since you were last here.

I tried to show a screen shot - hope it works.

Wanda and IMFoghorn like this.

3. spencedr

spencedr Member

thanks wondered about those dots , but i am looking for a way to jump to old old posts. ie i have been reviewing sheep posts off and on for the past few weeks and am now on page 205 , next time i log on i'd like to be able to jump to page 206 and continue to read more of the older posts. thanks

4. Wanda

Wanda Well-Known Member

The number of pages is listed at the bottom of the forum page. You can click on the page that you want and it will take you there.

5. spencedr

spencedr Member

don't think that is what i had in mind , if your want to pick up where you left off for example page 257 you first have to arrow or hit next over and over and over to see 257 before you can jump to it, if there was a blank box where you just entered the page number you want, hit return and then it just jumped to that page number so you could continue to scanning the old posts for items of interest, then that would be what i'm looking for
    thanks , if it isn't a option and hasn't been needed then so be it.

Wanda likes this.
  6. patience_

patience_ Member

If you look in the URL of your browser window you'll see a "/page-257" part. You can replace that number with whatever page you want.

7. spencedr

spencedr Member

bingo thanks to all , patience_ yes that will do it .... thanks

Wanda likes this.
  8. Shrek

Shrek Singletree Moderator Staff Member Supporter

All you have to do is add the particular page url to your favorites bookmark pull down and when you want to return to it , go to your favorite list and select it. As you read on , add the new bookmark to your favorites and delete the older one.

For example

https://www.homesteadingtoday.com/threads/sick-sheep.560640/page-2

is page 2 of a thread on sick sheep I added to the bottom of my browser favorites link for this response.