A few of my favorite, and to me, best pics....

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by MTNwomanAR, Sep 18, 2006.

1. MTNwomanAR

MTNwomanAR Well-Known Member

This picture still amazes me! I was out in my clearing walking around after a "mini" ice storm, and saw this oak leaf....I think it is too, too cool..... :) It was published on countrylife.net[Lehmans] as a monthly winner....
    [​IMG]
    This is a picture of my step daughter and her grand dad. It was published in the 99 Mother Earth News, and was also a grand prize winner in my work photo contest, as well as being put on our local tv station during the 6 o'clock news.......
    [​IMG]
    This was taken, in 2000, I think, after a huge ice storm that we had in Arkansas, around Christmas. I had been at my sisters' house, where I was stuck for a few days. When I got home, this is what I saw. This was published in Arkansas Game and Fish magazine, Arkansas Wildlife, they paid me a hundred bucks... :baby04:
    [​IMG]
    This one has never won a prize, but I like it because of the immensity of the water and rocks, with the girl and dog being small.....It was taken on the Buffalo River, at Buffalo Point. The dog is Phoenix, and the girl is Joe and Shelia Battertons' daughter, Beth.....
    [​IMG]
    This is a picture of my dog Punkin taken in the middle of the clearing around sun set. This is a grand prize picture also. I like the sort of monochromatic look of it....
    [​IMG]

2. augila

augila Well-Known Member

You have every right to be proud of these. You have a rare talent, you see the beauty in everyday things that most people never take the time to see.

3. Horselover

Horselover Joyce

Wonderful pictures. Thanks for sharing. Love your dog!

4. elkhound

elkhound Well-Known Member Supporter

cool pictures mtnwnar......i like the dog....what breed is he...looks like a bit of elkhound?.....i have been teaseing Vera about getting my fuji. butalso i been looking at the sony cyber shot e/5 with a 12x lense.any experience with this camera

5. Highland

Highland Well-Known Member

You do have a talent !!
    Thanks for sharing with us.

6. BearCreekFarm

BearCreekFarm Well-Known Member

wow!

All the photos are wonderful, but I especially love the one of the ice storm- that really is stunning.

Thanks so much for sharing your photos.

7. MTNwomanAR

MTNwomanAR Well-Known Member

Elkhound the dog was a chow/rott cross, although she LOOKED like the chow, but had a lot of brains...nothing against those that like chows, most of the ones that I have been around were dumb as a box of rocks...... :shrug: Not this one...she up and disappeared on me several years ago...not knowing what happened is worse than knowing.... :( She was a great dog....
    I have experience with the fuji digitals, because that is all I've had. In film I'll take my canons over any thing else...Moonwolf may be inclined to disagree with me......... ;)
    Augila, I think the "little" things are so much more important to photograph... I mean, not the biggies aren't important at all....It's just that like you say most folks don't think to look around at all the wonder and beauty in every day things... :) I do try to...........
    Thanks ya'll...I am truly humbled by nature, and if my photos can help make any one more aware of ma nature, then I'm succeeding, even if I never make a living at it....although that WOULD be nice icing on the cake..... :hobbyhors :)

8. Queen Bee

Queen Bee Well-Known Member Supporter

Beautiful!! Just beautiful ...QB

9. Westwood

Westwood Well-Known Member

You should see the photo albums we get to look through at the homesteaders campouts.

Absolutely awesome!!!

10. jessin

jessin Well-Known Member

Beautiful pictures!!! All I can say is wow. The one of the ice storm is stunning.

11. mayfair

mayfair a yard full of chickens

Those are lovely. The ice storm picture is beyond beautiful. I could look at it all day.

12. moonwolf

moonwolf Well-Known Member

great photos and congrats on the prize qualities.

I like the ice leaf and other winter formations. I'm going to try some of that this coming winter with my new Nikon SLR. (by the way, did you see my dog nose 'closeup' I posted on ST..... just to be crazy!).

That ice storm pic reminded me of the one we had in early 2000 that took down power in January for 2 days and bent over many trees permanently. I sure wish I had taken pics of that. It was quite unbelievable at the time.

thanks for posting the pics. great!

13. sue currin

sue currin Well-Known Member

It's great, I love to take photos to and make cards with them. Nice work lady.

14. JanS

JanS Well-Known Member

So beautiful! Punkin is now my desktop wallpaper. I too like the way his coat blends in with his surroundings.

15. EasyDay

EasyDay Gimme a YAAAAY!

Very, VERY cool!
    I love them all.
    Am PMing you with some questions.

Thanks!

16. MarleneS

MarleneS Well-Known Member

Show 'em the ones of the frost flowers ... and the two that won the prizes at the Audubon Contest last year....

Marlene

17. boxwoods

boxwoods Well-Known Member

Great pictures! I need to get me a real camera and some talent :)

18. Spotted Crow

Spotted Crow Well-Known Member

I second that boxwoods! I do better with pencils and paper. :Bawling:

19. doohap

doohap Another American Patriot

Others on this thread spoke of how you were able to capture in your images what so many of us see on a daily basis, but fail to record. I think the above quote says it all ... you photograph what you see ... you don't try to change it or manipulate it ...

beautiful photographs, admirable talent ...

kudos!

20. aedman

aedman New Member

Beautiful photographs that give off a great sense of place and time. Nature always has new ways to inspire but the way you capture it magnifies this. I would like to see more.