Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had to write it out twice to believe it. :D :eek:
To think I took a picture when it hit 1.79. I'm just... wow. In the interest of staring an entirely original thread that has never been done before ( :D ) how much are you paying?

·
Registered
307 Posts
If you are talking gas, I paid $1.54 yesterday. It's like I used a Way Back Machine.

·
Waste of bandwidth
10,618 Posts
Does anyone know how I might can gasoline to be put up and used next summer?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Do fuel preservatives not work as well?

I've got about 100 gallons of gas that's still viable from almost a year a go and haven't had any issues in any of my autos.

·
Premium Member
10,357 Posts
Yes Oggie,
You have to heat it to 400 degrees to kill any bacteria then use regular mason jars, if you get that far...
LOL!

A few days ago it was 2.09 here - haven't been to town since Tues morning, so who knows what it's at now. I'll just be thrilled if it is under $2/gallon. Then my friends and family will stop laughing at me for saying gas is "one something when it was really 2, 3, or 4 something a gallon! Y'all are a lot lower than my neck of the woods so far.

·
Waste of bandwidth
10,618 Posts
DO NOT use a pressure cooker. That would be dangerous.
I was planning to use the jars that I have left over from when I tried to can sunshine this past summer.

Silly me. I bought clear Mason quart jars and it all ended up leaking out.

·
Registered
13,303 Posts
I was planning to use the jars that I have left over from when I tried to can sunshine this past summer.

Silly me. I bought clear Mason quart jars and it all ended up leaking out.
Too bad Oggie, I would have bought some..and at a premium too.

·
Failure is not an option.
2,623 Posts
I've got a Pocketful Of Sunshine...

RF

·
Just howling at the moon
6,586 Posts
I paid 1.499 this morning! Actually this is going to suck for us if the price of oil keeps dropping it'll destroy the local economy. Oh well the Boom and Bust of the oil industry.

·
Premium Member
1,125 Posts
Ive got an old 500 gallon steel diesel tank that was here when I bought the place. Not sure how clean it is inside, but Im seriously considering trying to clean it out and filling it up. Only worry would be making sure it is properly stabilized so it doesnt go bad.

·
Unreality star
9,894 Posts
1 - 20 of 38 Posts