Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Oh look, here is a dating site for those of us who love small houses...

http://www.tinyhousedating.com/

Got this from Country Living magazine this morning and this is what they say about it.

If you’re single, and love tiny houses, here’s some good news: now there’s now a dating site just for you. Tiny House Dating is a matchmaking site that caters to the ever-growing tiny house movement, a subculture made up of individuals who want to save money, reduce their carbon footprints, and live simpler yet fuller lives by downsizing.

And here I thought I was the only crazy person who wanted a small house. I guess there is a bunch of us who are single and looking for tiny houses and love???

·
Premium Member
3,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know right? I am planning on enough closet for one, going to use a daybed instead of a normal bed and my bedroom will look like a sitting room with the actual living room on the opposite end of the house. It fits one barely, lol. The other person had better love the outdoors and gardening because that is the way to escape a small house.

·
Premium Member
2,812 Posts
I don't even make a pretense at having a living room area. If I ever get finished remodeling, about 1/2 of the house will be kitchen and pantry. I have to have room to work. Just about went bonkers in an RV because there is NO counter space!

I have a queen size bed because that was the smallest sleep number bed I could find in good condition on craigslist. Only other piece of furniture in here is kind of funny.

I was getting a pedicure one day when the fella that owned the shop told me he was closing the shop and asked if I'd be interested in a window A/C, hot water heater, various fixtures, etc., etc. I asked if he was selling any of the massaging pedicure chairs. He was! So, wedged into a corner of my tiny house is this enormous spa pedicure chair! I really ought to resell it and get something more practical, but it has massage :D

·
newfieannie
9,640 Posts
I like tiny houses too but I don't know about sharing it. even for myself I'd have to have a large shed for storage. when my husband and I were rving we did okay. he cooked outside on the picnic table and we also ate there. but we also liked each other a lot so no hardship not having a lot of room. ~Georgia

·
Premium Member
3,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What…no vegetarian tiny house dating site????
There WAS a rather attractive man on there that was a veggie/vegan kinda guy. Just sayin...

In my age category there was only 2 pages of choices for men so I am thinking it is just starting up or something? Or maybe people are not into tiny houses? Or maybe there is no one in my age category?

·
Premium Member
2,812 Posts
Hey, Txmex, I have 384 also.
I guess the tiny house guy , if it gets to that point, could bring over his own house! And you could be together and still have your privacy.
Sounds kind of ideal to me.
Years ago me and my ex said that our perfect situation would be to build 2 small houses next to each other with an adjoining covered patio. We could have breakfast on the patio each morning and then do our own thing.

Too much water under the bridge for that to work now, but it's still not a bad idea. I'd miss cuddling though. Maybe we could each keep our stuff in our own tiny house and sleep in one together. If I ever have someone to sleep with again that is :D

·
Renegade Gypsy Queen
2,126 Posts
wow CountryLiving must have a large subscription base. right now that site is returning a server error...I have the idea they were overcome with traffic lol.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
I have a small home about 820sq ft. and a huge garage/shop 1200 sq ft.... guess where I'm at the most? House is about 1/2 way remodeled, i ran out of time and money about the same time. I got the skills but no time and little resources at this moment, but things are changing! I figure there's plenty enough room in the house when/if i ever meet the future woman of the home. :kiss:

Yard is about 1/3 acre, plenty for a big garden a few chickens, and nice piece of turf for putting those fancy mowing stripes in!! I planted one of the ditches in wild flowers but it needs to be replanted. I have a network of like minded folks to swap veggies and stuff with so I'm pretty happy with my little piece of dirt, its very nearly paid for, big plus.:rock:

·
Renegade Gypsy Queen
2,126 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
That is Whynot, I just checked again and it went right to it. I will facebook you the link and let me know if it changes for you okay?

·
Conscientious Disrupter
4,246 Posts
I wonder if two tiny housers date decide to move in together and start cohabitating , what happens when one "wants their space" :hrm:
That would be when you see a new twist on 'in the dog house'.

Whenever I envision the space -in a tiny house set up- to do all the stuff a person might want to do, what I picture is something like those 50's era motor courts where there were a few little bungalows nestled along a drive. Each bldg could easily be self contained (heat it when you need it...etc) and it would enable you to keep certain activities separated. I remember seeing a layout like that once where the homeowners had a series of yurts with covered walkways between. But, IIRC they weren't homestead oriented. It was pretty classy looking.

·
Renegade Gypsy Queen
2,126 Posts
Cindi....I can get to the site. If I search the profiles is when I get the error the after that for about 12 hours the entire site gives me the error. Then I can get there again, fill out the form and it happens again.

I'm actually working with their tech team via email right now to find the page with the culprit script on it lol.

Nice people over there.

·
Premium Member
3,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Oh wow, you are way ahead of me. I read a couple of profiles but like I said, they seem to be from the Portland area and are choosing small houses because it is the next green yuppie thing to do. My choice is different. And there is only about 2 pages of profiles to look at. Maybe if I paid money I would see more but I am not super excited to be dating, really just curious about others who love small houses.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts