A couple questions

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by Xandras_Zoo, Jul 21, 2004.

1. Xandras_Zoo

Xandras_Zoo Well-Known Member

OK first- what exactly is needed to breed rabbits? This is what I've got on my list-

-Good stock
    -Feed cups
    -Water cups
    -Cages
    -Shed
    -Nestboxes

And another question- How do you guys tattoo? If you do tattoo, that is. Do the needles go straight through the ear? Wouldn't the tattoo show straight through the ear on white bunns (I'm thinking blue-eyed-white Netherland Dwarfs)?
    And do you have any good links for someone just starting to breed bunnies? And any good tattooing links?

Thanks
    Alexandra

2. Robin Pundzak

Robin Pundzak Active Member

Alexandra,
    The second post (sticky) at the top of the forum page lists tons of helpful links for rabbit information. Also do a Google search for rabbit tatooing and you will get help on that one. Happy reading.
    Robin

3. Xandras_Zoo

Xandras_Zoo Well-Known Member

Whoops! Didn't see the links thing at the top- thanks for pointing it out! I've already checked out a few of the links and found them very helpful.

I've tried searching for tattooing links, but it seems everyone has a different method. Some people use tattoo pens, some people use the clamp-style, most people say to wipe the spot where you're going to tattoo with rubbing alchole, a couple didn't. I suppose my question would be better phrased: Has anyone found a link for a method that works well for them?