A couple questions about Linoleum & wallpaper

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by jeannie242, Dec 18, 2004.

1. jeannie242

jeannie242 Well-Known Member

I am trying to help a friend get moved into a trailor so she can care for her Dad who is ill.
    We have ran into a couple problems and thought I'd ask here for help.
    The wallpaper on her kitchen walls are brown and dingy, i think its due to the fact that the 3 adults that last lived there smoked 24/7? Just a guess cause it looks like the brown that smoke leaves. What can I use to get this clean?
    Also a guy layed some Linoleum for her in a small room, and there is a bubble in the middle, Does anyone know how to try to make this go away or at least lay down better? We have tried sitting 3 big butts on it, (mine included) and tried using a wood roller to roll it out, it did nothing.
    Any ideals? Thanks Again Jeannie

2. GREEN_ALIEN

GREEN_ALIEN Sunny, Wet, Tornadoey SD!

Try a strong mixture of ammonia and HOT water for washing the walls.

For the bubble. Go to the vet and get a large bore needle and syringe for a cow, pierce a tiny hole in the center of the bubble and suck some of the air out with the syringe, fill the syringe with a two part epoxy and shoot it through the hole, roll it from all directions towards the hole, wipe up mess, weight it down and let dry, viola no bubble and the tiny hole can be caulked and become nearly invisible. Works every time.

GA

3. lacyj

lacyj Well-Known Member

TSP=Tri sodium phosphate works great on smoke also. Get it at a hardware store. Read the ingredients tho, there is a brand that says TSP but it's not listed in the ingredients.

4. jeannie242

jeannie242 Well-Known Member

For the bubble. Go to the vet and get a large bore needle and syringe for a cow, pierce a tiny hole in the center of the bubble and suck some of the air out with the syringe, fill the syringe with a two part epoxy and shoot it through the hole, roll it from all directions towards the hole, wipe up mess, weight it down and let dry, viola no bubble and the tiny hole can be caulked and become nearly invisible. Works every time.

We knew a vet we were able to gather the supplies fast.
    Ok we were skeptical, but the big bubble is gone !! Thanks So much. Jeannie

5. GREEN_ALIEN

GREEN_ALIEN Sunny, Wet, Tornadoey SD!

Thank you. It is a trick I have used many many times so I was fairly confident it would work for you too! I am glad the bubble has burst lol.

GA