Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
9,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been keeping a secret from y'all. Since my father died the last of May, I've been desperately looking for a job, with no luckatol. I've had bunch of interviews over the last month, but only to go home and wait for them to call me back. Thursday, the hospital that was my first choice called me back and offered me my choice of two jobs :D
I start on Monday, and am so psyched I can hardly stand it! It is a major hospital, 34 miles from my house, and with great benefits, health, dental, tuition reimbursement....
I was almost tapped out. I have $16.00 in my checking account, and $15.00 in my savings. I don't know why God likes to keep me on a precipice, but it seems he does. It doesn't amuse me, but I suppose it gives HIM some enjoyment. ... :D SIGH!
Anyway, if you all knew my job history, you would be amazed. I think I may have finally found something that I love.

·
Premium Member
5,367 Posts
Happy for you!

·
Premium Member
3,512 Posts
Great! Especially with all the posts putting people down for actually having jobs. Hospitals are great for the bnefits, hard work but I suspect that won't put you off.

·
Super Moderator
16,679 Posts
Ah, Vickers, 30 odd years ago I got a job in a hospital when my savings account was down to $25, so I know a little how you feel! Congrats on your job!

(I hope you have a pair of good shoes because they will probably WALK YOUR FEET OFF!)

·
Shut the front door!
15,001 Posts
Our thought as well.. Would you accept a bit of gas $ to ease the process? Just pm one of us��
Ditto!

And congrats!!
I am having similar times with the Lord right now...:D

Reactions: nehimama

·
Premium Member
1,718 Posts
Congratulations! No fun waiting for everything to fall into place but it looks like it did. You deserve some security and job satisfaction!

·
Conscientious Disrupter
4,246 Posts
Congratulations vicker! It's awfully hard starting over late in life... what with the schooling you went through, then your dad passing... all the while doing what you had to to keep your head above water. But you kept the faith, as well as, showing the face of one with a positive outlook. Even if you didn't always feel that way. (fake it till you make it :)) Enjoy this feeling of pride and relief. You earned it.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Its your time Vicker. I wish you the best, your deserve a break, and its all about you now!!!! :thumb:

On a side note there are some awfully nice and compassionate people here on ST, give yourselves a pat on the back.

·
Registered
9,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks everyone, you're a great group of people. :) I'm going to squeeze by on what I have. I have a friend's family who have been paying me to cut firewood for them this week, and my bills are payed till December.

·
Premium Member
3,739 Posts
I am so proud of you, for being a help mate to your father and being with him through his last days, for going back to school which is very hard for us older folk, but also for perseverance. You deserve every bit of good things that are headed your direction.

·
Registered
4,541 Posts
Congratulations!!
Nothing quite like having things come together like that.
I hope your new job is all you want it to be :thumb:

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Woot! Congrats and hope all is smooth sailing from now on!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts